House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Syrio

:crying:

EDIT: Oh my god, Khal Drogo. Biggest badass on TV.

EDIT II: Bronn is awesome too.

"And this is Bronn, son of..."

"You wouldn't know him."

I agree with everything in this post.

And man...shit is hitting the fan everywhere! Wildlings/White Walkers....Starks vs Lanistars....Dothraki kicking ass.....man, this show is GREAT.

Drago's actual battle was ultra lame. The stuff he did around it (the dropping of his shoulder plates, his speach, the final ripping) was absolutely badass, but all basically did in the fight was go under the other guy. If that's how the dothraki fight, then I'm amazed they worship horses and not ducks.

There was absolutely no reason for him to bust out any insane fighting skills because the other guy was a weakling compared to him. I thought the whole scene was awesome.

• Like 1

There was absolutely no reason for him to bust out any insane fighting skills because the other guy was a weakling compared to him. I thought the whole scene was awesome.

This.

He made the other guy look like an absolute bitch by simply ducking and dodging his attacks and when he could be bothered, killed him dead. Much better than him having a back and fourth war with somebody who shouldn't even be close to his equal. That pretty much just solidified him as an utter badass.

Another brilliant episode, though that's a given really, because this show is just brilliant full stop. Needed more Arya though, but I'll let them off for that.

I can't help feeling they are building Khal up as a mega badass just for him to get owned by someone useless, probably Jon Snow's fat, useless mate at the Wall.

I read the wiki to find out what happens to him. Click spoilers if you want to know.

APPARENTLY HE DIES FROM A FUCKING INFECTION!? Come on! What the hell. Yet he's listed in like every other book... someone who's read them: what's the deal?

I can't help feeling they are building Khal up as a mega badass just for him to get owned by someone useless, probably Jon Snow's fat, useless mate at the Wall.

Man, there's no way Sam's not dying to signify a huge tonal shift at some point. Same reason Robert had to die.

I read the wiki to find out what happens to him. Click spoilers if you want to know.

APPARENTLY HE DIES FROM A FUCKING INFECTION!? Come on! What the hell. Yet he's listed in like every other book... someone who's read them: what's the deal?

MASSIVE SPOILERS

He grows sick from an infection, though it's not clear whether because Mirri Mazz Daur poisoned him or whether it was because he neglected to take proper care of it. Mirri claims she can stop him from dying in exchange for a blood sacrifice, which Dany thinks is his horse. Shit happens, the sacrifice turns out to be Dany's baby, leaving behind zombie-Drogo, who Dany eventually kills with a pillow. A short while later, she burns Mirri (alive) along with Drogo's body and the dragon eggs, which hatch as the first book ends.

Drogo remains dead, which is why he's listed as deceased in the later books. At least, it does in my copy.

Man, there's no way Sam's not dying to signify a huge tonal shift at some point. Same reason Robert had to die.

Robert :(

But yeah, I totally see Sam dying....

Robert :(

But yeah, I totally see Sam dying....

Sam Spoilers:

The current consensus is that he might actually become a wizard.

No really.

Light, Rest of Series Spoiler:

If Robert dying was a tonal shift, wait until you reach the middle of the third book.

Actually, just go read the books. Now's a pretty good time to get on board, since the 5th book is out next month.

Bronn and Jorah (or as he's known at my house Dothraki Bronn) continue to impress.

John Snow getting Jorah's birth right sword is something that I'm sure wont come of anything, but it's a wonderfully good touch. It makes everything seem significant and interconnected.

I would soooo vote for King Joffrey. Kid has a good mind when it comes to homeland security.

"All the dragons are dead, Khalessi." I screamed at the tv "NO DUDE! You forgot the blind guy! He's the DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGOOOON!'

I really love this show.

If I had the expertise I'd quickly get started on a 'Guidelines to being a successful Khal' meme.

"Maybe, don't lean into the sword and flex because it's cool and intimidating? Just a thought."

Like that Jaime immediately asks for a duel. Also, like that noone is stupid enough to give him one.

Tonight's episode = :o

I assume it was no surprise to people who read the books, but I did NOT see that coming. I know HBO series don't really have to play by the rules, but I don't think I've ever seen a show do something that ballsy, especially in season 1.

• Like 1

.....what the hell? I am in complete shock. Just...jesus...

I can't believe they killed him, someone I assumed to be the main character >_<

Fuck Joffery! I hope his head gets put on a pike :angry:

Another great episode. This has to be my favourite show on right now.

• Like 1

Aria would have saved him. <_<

Great show, i love how they are not afraid to kill anyone of and i love how Magic issent omnipresent... there´s just "little" hints here and there. Kahl is a pussy for almost dieing from that scrach, i asume the bloodmagic will turn him in some evil terminator person. Aria will kill him after she added age and hotness to her awesomeness.

Aria would have saved him. dry.gif

Great show, i love how they are not afraid to kill anyone of and i love how Magic issent omnipresent... there´s just "little" hints here and there. Kahl is a pussy for almost dieing from that scrach, i asume the bloodmagic will turn him in some evil terminator person. Aria will kill him after she added age and hotness to her awesomeness.

You're a pussy!

Oh man. NEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! No!

I assume this is what happens in the books, if so, I hope they pull a True Blood and modify it to keep one of Khal or Ned alive. :( Those are two of my favourite characters! Not to mention Syrio too! Who's next? Jon? Tyrion? Aria? Sam? DOES ANYONE IN THIS SERIES SURVIVE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME!?

On the plus side, Tyrion's backstory was wonderful. As others said, if Peter Dinklage doesn't get an Emmy for this show, it'll be a travesty. I quite like Jamie too, so it's good to see his usually arrogant self in a lower state than usual. And man, best part? The speech that Robb gave.

"I sent 2000 men to their deaths today..."

"The bards will sing of their sacrifices!"

"Aye... but the dead won't hear them."

They are obviously grooming Jon Snow and Robb to take much bigger parts so, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Ned is actually dead. Also yeah, Peter Dinklage is absolutely amazing, he deserves every bit of praise he gets.

Khal Drogo must not die though, he is way too awesome. :(