House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Game of Thornes is literally all about sex, violence and betrayal. If those sort of things offend you then it's obviously not for you. The last thing any fan could possibly want is the content toned down.

• Like 1

Game of Thornes is literally all about sex, violence and betrayal. If those sort of things offend you then it's obviously not for you. The last thing any fan could possibly want is the content toned down.

I am talking about the amount of rape and abuse in the show and TCO posted this. Is he talking about something different?

Here is a person who did not read the link Srar posted.

I am talking about the amount of rape and abuse in the show and TCO posted this. Is he talking about something different?

There's a fair bit of rape and abuse in the source material from my memories. How it is filmed, and whether certain scenes deviate somewhat from the source material in depicting things as rapier than they were in the book, is debatable, but it also isn't moving miles and miles away from what is already there on paper.

I also think links like the one you posted don't give the viewer any credit in understanding that rape....generally...is a bad thing. Whether you sexualise it for effect (which isn't the way it should happen, naturally), this doesn't somehow devalue people's views on rape in real life as a crime.

That's disgusting :puke:

Again, pretty much represents the book.

• Like 3

They were doing package deals to Westeros back in the 60's. Flights, accommodation and horse.

Here is a person who did not read the link Srar posted.

I did read it and I'm not saying the show would be terrible if there weren't any rapes in it. What I'm saying is why do we draw the line at that particular rape scene. All manner of violence has taken place, emotional and physical abuse. Theon Greyjoy has been physically and mentally tortured and castrated, yet everybody laughs at the sausage gif.

Game of Thrones is a fucked up show, that is a particularly fucked up scene on many levels. Jaime and Cersei have a unique relationship that's completely in the realms of fiction and George RR Martin's mind. I just don't think it's right that somebody gets uppity about a scene that's particularly offensive to them and tell the show what they can and can't do.

So many times I've watched this show and been left in a solemn silence at how messed up Westeros and it's inhabitants are, this is an example of it. It's part of the attraction of the show and don't think it's in anyone's business to draw the line for HBO.

Edited by TCO
  • Like 1

But they should stop putting rapes in the show where it's consensual in the book. They've done it on multiple occasions and it's just lazy. Shock for the sake of shock on a show that has plenty of shock as it is.

• Like 5