House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I loved it. Amazing show. The opening scene with the zombie kids were fucking great. Sean Bean is fantastic too, as usual. And I'm loving the King.

Also, everyone should listen to the YoGPoD ( CLICK HERE ) for a hilarious interview with the guy that'll be playing Hodor.

I love the YogPod.. And After listening to this one the day before the show started I still forgot it was on.

I'm going to try and get a hold of the episode and watch it in the morning.

Not one for these fantasy type shows, but it sounds like good watching.

Like GoGo, I haven't read any of the books, so it'll be interesting.

Edited by Pimpin' Feller

Sean Bean is great in it. Am I right in saying that the guys who played Fred Flintstone, Sarah Connor and that guy from that firemen show is in it? Also, the young blonde chick looks like Piper whats-its.

But love the presentation so far, ending was wonderful, really can't wait for the next episode.

Also, without revealing too much, can someone tell what the Iron Throne actually is?

It is as much symbolic (ruling with an iron fist) as anything else. It is made from cold iron and steel, and the king who rules all of the Seven Kingdoms gets the right to sit on it. There's a whole history behind it which I won't give you, but that's the basics of it.

Which character's are they playing? I want names to justify this name dropping (on a small scale I'll grant you).

Plus you should be watching because it has SEAN BEAN in it

I'm not 100% sure, although one of them did tell me he appears in Episode 2 as the character "Raper #2".

221697_629199774305_285403351_5486927_346913_s.jpg

And there's the other one on the right.

I watched this this morning on SkyPlayer and thought it was brilliant. I've been looking for a show to get into for ages after I missed the first episode of Boardwalk Empire (and thus refused to watch it at all).

I can't believe the fat bloke from Full Monty is the king.

Which character's are they playing? I want names to justify this name dropping (on a small scale I'll grant you).

Plus you should be watching because it has SEAN BEAN in it

I'm not 100% sure, although one of them did tell me he appears in Episode 2 as the character "Raper #2".

Stocky bearded one or skinny blonde one?

Oh my word. This thing is a bit grim isn't it? And it's wonderful :wub:

The little kid, Bann, is it? I was literally sitting there rocking back and forth hoping he'd wake up screaming and distract Sean Bean from killing the dire wolf :(

Would have had to have been one hell of a scream since he's still in Winterfell and Ned's... wherever Ned and the rest of them are.

The little kid, Bann, is it? I was literally sitting there rocking back and forth hoping he'd wake up screaming and distract Sean Bean from killing the dire wolf :(

Would have had to have been one hell of a scream since he's still in Winterfell and Ned's... wherever Ned and the rest of them are.

Look, I really wanted the wolf to survive, okay? :(

That queen is a bitch. and so is her son. Goddamn, it seems the theme here is that everyone who is blonde in this show is a bad guy.

Also, that dwarf just became my new favorite character with him slapping the shit out of that ass of her son.

P.S. I am really, really pissed that the wolf had to die :crying:

In other news, this Van Patten guy sure does love his love-making scenes being as graphic as they can be, right?

Solid show, but damnit, the wolf died, and the kid didn't. Thought they'd have enough balls to kill the boy, but I'm guessing it didn't happen in the book, either?