House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I kind of dislike when they change characters' names just for the purpose of "oh it might be confusing". Like, holy shit, are TV viewers that thick that they're going to confuse Robert Arryn and Robert Baratheon? Holy shit, they have the same first name, I'm so confused guys help me I thought Robert Baratheon was the king not a sickly boy so confused ahhhh

I mean I guess there's precedent given Robert Arryn's nickname (Sweetrobin), but still, come onnnnn.

I kind of dislike when they change characters' names just for the purpose of "oh it might be confusing". Like, holy shit, are TV viewers that thick that they're going to confuse Robert Arryn and Robert Baratheon? Holy shit, they have the same first name, I'm so confused guys help me I thought Robert Baratheon was the king not a sickly boy so confused ahhhh

I mean I guess there's precedent given Robert Arryn's nickname (Sweetrobin), but still, come onnnnn.

Yes.

Oh my god, I will totally be bombarded with confused questions by my friends if they hadn't changed Asha's name, wondering why it was a different actress and suddenly she's a highborn instead of a wildling.

Now time to actually watch episode 5 :P

Good episode, lots of fun dialogue. I assume we'll actually see Sandspear next season, because...

(book spoilers)

Tyrion will be heading across the narrow sea, so there'll be plenty of stuff filmed in more Desert type areas. We don't really need to see Doran or the Sand Snakes until post-Oberyn's death. My biggest concern is that they'll cut out

everything to do with Myrcella because it doesn't really fit into anything too much. It's a whole host of new characters and another challenger to the throne for not much payoff. Unless Myrcella and The Sand Snakes trying to go for the throne is going to end up being a major thing going forward. Dorne has to have a place in the war that's coming... and with Quentyn dead due to Dany, it's either that or aligning against her in some way.

Also, holy shit they're super building The Mountain the right way.

Other thing I'm thinking: that's the last we see of The Nights Watch for an episode or two, then a little build to say "hey, Mance is almost here..." and then whatever episode it is that's dedicated entirely to The Battle for Castle Black.

To be honest I'd be surprised if I could actually name more than ten characters just watching the show. I can recognise most of them by appearance, though not all, but there's no hope of me remembering even half of the names.

To be honest I'd be surprised if I could actually name more than ten characters just watching the show. I can recognise most of them by appearance, though not all, but there's no hope of me remembering even half of the names.

That's how I am. And at that, there are so many minor characters that come into play as main characters at some point, it's hard to be like oh yeah, I should definitely try and remember this guys name. You've gotta think, with reoccuring characters and all, there's probably a good 25-30 names to remember. And it's not like all their names are just Todd, Rick, Steve. Arya, Daenerys, Sansa, Tommen are just a few names that are hardly "easy" to remember. Hell, Oberyn? Like c'mon. Yeah the main guys are easy to figure out and remember, but with the likes of Locke, I don't even remember them saying his name.