House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

There's a couple pieces from the books that could or will still show up. We are always to assume things are happening at the exact same time everywhere in both the books and show, and while GRRM did a good job of making that the case as best he could with some really boring travel chapters the TV show naturally avoids that. Hence why we get things like characters "teleporting" across the map. Because of this there are things that could still show up.

A real big example of things getting turned around are the Sand Snakes and Arianne Martell. Arianne has made no appearance in the show but Sand Snakes do and play a briefly significant role. Unfortunately I'm worried we won't get Arianne in the show at all despite her being such a compelling character. Only so much time for things and all. But given that the Sand Snakes are close confidants of Arianne it's very possible that if/when they reappear Arianne is there to lead Dorne.

The absence of Griff and Young Griff is also really significant since they played a huge role in Dance with Dragons. As with Arianne they could all appear in season 7 though.

Some parts of the already written books might be sitting there solely "just in case" they are able to go to an 8th or 9th season I guess. Gives them material to use.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, damshow said:

We are always to assume things are happening at the exact same time everywhere in both the books and show, and while GRRM did a good job of making that the case as best he could with some really boring travel chapters the TV show naturally avoids that. Hence why we get things like characters "teleporting" across the map

Oh good, I thought I was nuts with how fast some folks have traveled between episodes sometimes :lol:

5 hours ago, Executive Kaney said:

Hide contents

I don't remember when if it was last season or the one before, but Cersei had a flashback where a witch of sorts told her that her children would all die etc but I'm not remembering the details exactly.

Spoiler

Right, the prophecies are that she'll wed the King and become Queen, but another more beautiful will come to take all she holds dear (Margaery), that the King will have 16 children and Cersei 3, and that "gold will be their crowns and their shrouds", and that the valonqar will choke the life from her, with valonqar being High Valyrian for "little brother". There's a lot of theories about that, given that Tyrion is her little brother, but Jaime is a few minutes younger than her still. She also doesn't specify whose little brother, just "the valonqar". So of course there's a billion theories about it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Benji said:

Oh good, I thought I was nuts with how fast some folks have traveled between episodes sometimes :lol:

Yeah it wouldn't make for good TV. In a book you can get away with it, someone shows up 3 times in the first 150 pages but then we don't hear from them again for 500 pages. That would be like Arya showing up 3 times in episode 1 and then not showing up again until episode 6.

4 minutes ago, Cloudy said:
  Hide contents

Right, the prophecies are that she'll wed the King and become Queen, but another more beautiful will come to take all she holds dear (Margaery), that the King will have 16 children and Cersei 3, and that "gold will be their crowns and their shrouds", and that the valonqar will choke the life from her, with valonqar being High Valyrian for "little brother". There's a lot of theories about that, given that Tyrion is her little brother, but Jaime is a few minutes younger than her still. She also doesn't specify whose little brother, just "the valonqar". So of course there's a billion theories about it.

There are also theories that Tyrion isn't even a Lannister but actually a Targaryen. "You're no son of mine" being a potential red herring there but do keep in mind his hair in the books is almost white like Dany's.

And then there are the potential illegitimate children of Tywin floating about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benji said:

I read elsewhere that someone hears the name "Peter Dinklage" over and over when they hear the GoT intro and now I'm wandering around work signing it to myself.

• Like 5

On 19/05/2016 at 08:15, Executive Kaney said:

It is a damn catchy tune honestly.

• Like 3

Several sites are reporting that HBO Nordic leaked the next episode, so, once again, spoilers will be out there. Either avoid the internet or place a bucket on your head and bang it for the next few hours if you want to keep things a surprise.

Yup, defo leaked. Watching it now :w00t:

Fucking hell, its taken me all this time to realise that Edd Tollet was in Ideal. Now I keep thinking he is going to say "I'm on probation!" every time he enters a scene.

Oh wait, I'm just watching the last episode. Nevermind. 

• Like 1

Episode 5: Hodor Begins. 

Game of Thrones continues to do zombies better than Walking Dead, while also doing a bunch of other good stuff simultaneously.

Rough episode, but there was this glorious bright spot

16LkJ9l.jpg

• Like 6

Halfway through:

Spoiler

"Where are my niece and nephew?"
*grin*
"Let's go murder them!"

EDIT: Man, that ending. So Bran's retroactively the reason Hodor is Hodor. And Summer. :( How many dire wolves are left now? 2? Just Ghost and Nymeria?

• Like 2

Hold the door

:(

You ruined everything Bran! EVERYTHING. Why is he important again?!

And Cloudy, those are the only 2 left. 

Overall, this was a hold over episode, setting the pieces for some bigger things...but really liked...

Tormund being a fucking stud!

Dani's new look is good.

Sansa's new attitude is rocking. And going to get more armies!

And holy shit, Greyjoys + Mother of Dragons? That could be scary.