House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Brienne/Tormund is the best, I hope to god they do more with that.

I'm hyped as fuck for the Blackfish returning. With Brienne heading down south now, what odds do you think there are of a reunion with Jaime? He could easily make a trip to the Riverlands as he does in the books once he's gotten Margaery freed. He can take Bronn with him and he and Podrick can have a reunion too!

Baelish is definitely stirring up trouble again. I never know what his intentions are. He looked genuinely sorry during their discussion, but still played with Sansa's emotions at the end. Could be interesting.

Greyjoy's have been really interesting so far, very keen to see more of Euron, especially what happens when he inevitably sails to Meereen to replace the fleet that conveniently burned down at the start of the season.

Bran has fucked everything, the White Walkers have been fucking incredible since Hardhome last season. Seeing how they were created was awesome too. What the fuck happens with Bran now? Benjen to return after five seasons and make the save? :shifty:

Very sad Summer died, but I suppose they needed more CGI budget for the dragons. Running low on direwolves now though, hoping Nymeria makes an appearance soon.

HODOR :crying:

That ending...right in the feels. I've already cried a bit from it, now I feel like I need to curl up in a ball and hide under my duvet. 

3 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Hide contents

It's so dumb, but I love the logical randomness of it all. And also the entire idea of someone fancying her going completely over Brienne's head.

Spoiler

I don't think it's going over her head at all. I think she notices it and it makes her really uncomfortable because no man has ever done that. They'll be doing the sideways mambo in no time.

• Like 2

Thinking about it, since the origin is a GRRM idea and I assume will be in the books eventually, GRRM has been waiting over 20 years to reveal the pay off of the mysterious origins of 'Hodor'.

• Like 1

The implications of the Hodor thing are far more insane though.

Essentially Hodor doesn't exist except for how he dies which means he has never had free will and his entire life was always destined to play out exactly as it did. Does this mean everyones lives are the same? Does no one have free will? Does time even matter now since the entire Universe is already plotted out.

To be honest, the Hodor thing doesn't make any sense. His death created him.

11 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

Yes, yes, we've all seen paradoxes before.

Spoiler

Do we put it up to bad storytelling, or do we actually acknowledge it?

It's a pretty big thing.

1 minute ago, damshow said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

That doesn't even matter now. It is all pre-determined that John Snow is going to die and be resurrected.

Are the Gods controlling the world like a puppet play?

What bad story telling? Bran time traveled, it created probably one of the more tragic paradoxes I've seen/read. Paradoxes exist in fiction. If you can get past magic undead and dragons floating about, I don't see how a time travel paradox is bad story telling unless I'm missing something?

• Like 7