Sign in to follow this  
hugobomb

Game of Thrones

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Someone tell me 

Hide contents

How do Thoros and Jorah know each other

They fought alongside each other many years ago.

And episode thoughts:

We know what's coming next week, and the build to it was a bulk of this episode. Happy they brought Gendry back, though I'm curious what happens with him beyond Davos just picking him up because of their close relationship.

Have sincere doubts about Cersei's pregnancy, and Jaime's face said that he does as well. Maybe she is pregnant and is using it to control Jaime again. And I suspect he might know this. So much is leading up to him realizing Cersei is dragging him around, and that reunion with Tyrion helped bring him away from her a bit. Hence why she immediately went in with telling him about the pregnancy. Jaime now knows that Tyrion was framed for murdering Joffrey, he also knows that Tyrion only killed Tywin as a means to avoid his own death. Lots going on there and I think it's all leading to Jaime breaking away from Cersei and possibly killing her.

Holy shit! Sooooooooo much stuff happened in this episode! In the past they would've needed like half a season's worth of episodes to tell the same story and move all the players around like they just did in one episode. And it was an awesome episode as well! I honestly haven't been this hyped after watching an episode of GoT since season 4. Can't wait until next week. Am I a bad person for hoping that someone leaks the final two episodes of this season ahead of time?

Spoiler

My favorite moment was Samwell finally loosing his shit. That was awesome. That and Davos line about Gendry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Someone tell me 

Reveal hidden contents

How do Thoros and Jorah know each other

Spoiler

At the Siege of Pike the first two to breach the castle were Thoros and Jorah.

I loved so much about this episode and it was a nice slow down and build between big episodes.  Gendry is back and that is great but then ending with The Ranging of one of the most badass groups of people possible with Jon, Tormund, Gendry, Jorah, Beric, Thoros and The Hound (I'm still a big fan of Beric from the books).  All these loose ends are coming together so well and Sam was like 2 seconds from finding out about Jon's parents.

Other highlights are how Jon and Gendry talked to each other exactly like Ned and Robert used to, Tormond being Tormund and setting up what could very likely be Bronn havning to get the hell out of King's Landing and hopefully saving the last Sand Snakes and Yara.

Wait a minute, something just clicked in my head

Spoiler

If Rhaegar's marriage was annulled and he was secretly married to Lyanna that actually makes Jon a trueborn Targaryen.

Spoiler

I can't wait for the Dany / Jorah conversation

D: So, how were you cured?

J: A maester by the name of Samwell Tarly.

D: Tarly?

J: Yes, his father owns lands in the Reach. A fine military commander.

D: Umm....

• Like 2

I enjoyed that episode, but I think it was a bit overdone at times. It definitely felt as if they were trying to cram two or three episodes' worth of content into one hour, and I'd have preferred it if it had a little more time to breathe.

7 hours ago, Azazel said:
  Hide contents

At the Siege of Pike the first two to breach the castle were Thoros and Jorah.

I loved so much about this episode and it was a nice slow down and build between big episodes.  Gendry is back and that is great but then ending with The Ranging of one of the most badass groups of people possible with Jon, Tormund, Gendry, Jorah, Beric, Thoros and The Hound (I'm still a big fan of Beric from the books).  All these loose ends are coming together so well and Sam was like 2 seconds from finding out about Jon's parents.

Other highlights are how Jon and Gendry talked to each other exactly like Ned and Robert used to, Tormond being Tormund and setting up what could very likely be Bronn havning to get the hell out of King's Landing and hopefully saving the last Sand Snakes and Yara.

Wait a minute, something just clicked in my head

Hide contents

If Rhaegar's marriage was annulled and he was secretly married to Lyanna that actually makes Jon a trueborn Targaryen.

Married in secret is a gray area, but if that's true Jon is first in line to the Iron Throne. Who that's alive would know this? Howland Reed? Bran?

Re: Damshow's spoilers

Spoiler

Howland would know that Jon is the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, I don't think he'd know they married in secret, it's never been clear exactly how much detail Lyanna told Ned at the Tower of Joy, I would guess 'not a lot' due to her injuries etc.

36 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Re: Damshow's spoilers

Hide contents

Howland would know that Jon is the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, I don't think he'd know they married in secret, it's never been clear exactly how much detail Lyanna told Ned at the Tower of Joy, I would guess 'not a lot' due to her injuries etc.

Spoiler

Ned knew, and I'm sure Howland knew as well.  Sam gave the book to Craster Jr. so I'm sure it will come back into play.

Best episode in history.

Spoiler

Gendry is back and he is an absolute fucking badass :wub:

Guess all that rowing helped him build muscles to pick up that weapon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gazz said:
  Hide contents

I can't wait for the Dany / Jorah conversation

D: So, how were you cured?

J: A maester by the name of Samwell Tarly.

D: Tarly?

J: Yes, his father owns lands in the Reach. A fine military commander.

D: Umm....

Tell that man we have a castle with his name on it!

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Best episode in history.

Reveal hidden contents

Legit so happy about this.

Spoiler

Honestly, I don't think I've had a happier moment watching GoT. I was fucking giddy at the "thought you'd still be rowing" line.

Benji, Heidi and I laughed bigtime when that line came up. :)

Regarding the show:

Wonder how Sam is going to feel when he finds out he's the last Tarley?

I'm betting Jamie's discussion with Tyrion plus some other things that have been building up between last season and this one are going to eventually lead to Jamie betraying Cersi. And I don't necessarily mean him killing her, but I'd love it if that happened. (I've a feeling he won't be the one to kill him. It'll probably be...nobody.)

Nevermind

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Hide contents

Wonder how Sam is going to feel when he finds out he's the last Tarley?

Spoiler

That would be the last male Tarly. His mother and sister are still alive.

12 hours ago, Benji said:

Best episode in history.

Hide contents

Gendry is back and he is an absolute fucking badass :wub:

Guess all that rowing helped him build muscles to pick up that weapon.

Spoiler

As soon as I saw Davos in Fleabottom or whatever it is called I knew Gendry was going to pop up. The way they were cockteasing us showing the blacksmith stuff... lovely. And I'm so happy he said those words.

And also smashy smashy head man.

And the little exchange between Gendry and Jon was nice. 

Spoiler

I just realised how weird it is that Cersei wouldn't believe in the army of the undead when her big Mountainy protector is undead and now that bothers me.

4 hours ago, Benji said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I just realised how weird it is that Cersei wouldn't believe in the army of the undead when her big Mountainy protector is undead and now that bothers me.

Spoiler

I'm not sure she doesn't believe it, she just doesn't want to give Tyrion the satisfaction.

• Like 1

Spoiler

You know what's hilarious. Gendry and Jon are all like, "yeah, our dads fought together!". Uh, sorry to break it to you Gendry but your dad actually kinda killed Jon's dad.