House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

6 hours ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

I don't know how to feel about the Waif or whatever that girl is called simply stabbing her from behind. I expected a fight where Arya uses her abillity to fight in the dark to her advantage. And I'm disappointed that Arya was careless enough to let herself get blindsided like that. She must have known that the Faceless would come for her and she also has seen firsthand how they do it. So why wasn't she more careful? I don't she she will die do but I have no idea who will patch her up. And I'm afraid that the authors of the show will try to pull some stupid plot-twist where it turns out that the waif was the one being tested or some shit like that.

Spoiler

I have a feeling Jaqen is going to find Arya and heal her, giving his life for her.

Edited by punky

9 minutes ago, Blaze09 said:
  Hide contents

If he already didn't

Spoiler

Shit. Yes, that was Jaqen. That's who she walked like.

There's also a theory doing the rounds that the Waif IS Arya and that was Arya killing off the last remnant of herself and truly embracing being nobody (IE: Fight Club style split personality), which I guess makes sense and is probably most likely.

• Like 1

Spoiler

CLEGANE BOWL HYPEEEEEE.

Also, all the pieces are still in play for a Lady Stoneheart reveal. More mentions of the Brotherhood - a leaderless, rogue Brotherhood, the Blackfish mentioning Jaime's broken promises to Catelyn, etc. if it's not an intentional setup to bring Lady Stoneheart into the mix, I don't know where else it could be going. 

I hope whatever Margaery's plan is doesn't backfire on her, because it'd certainly be cool to see her undermining the Faith from within.

Also, the Queen of Thorns and Lady Lyanna are the best. An old woman and a 10 year old had some of the best lines of the night.

"You’ve lost, Cersei—it’s the only joy I can find in all this misery."

I wouldn't have found this on my own, but the Expert review for the episode on AVClub pointed out that Pastor Ian McShane was part of a literal pastoral elegy. The whole of the Sandor/Ray/idyllic life in the woods stuff was a pastoral elegy.

There was definitely something off about Arya during her scene, I assumed it was someone else passing for Arya, but I never thought of it being Jaqen. That might wind up being a good catch.

EDIT: Some eagle-eyed viewer on the GoT subreddit seems to have figured out part of what Sansa's letter said.

Episode thoughts! Stuff! Elegies!

Edited by Cloudy

1 hour ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

Shit. Yes, that was Jaqen. That's who she walked like.

There's also a theory doing the rounds that the Waif IS Arya and that was Arya killing off the last remnant of herself and truly embracing being nobody (IE: Fight Club style split personality), which I guess makes sense and is probably most likely.

Spoiler

That would be the absolute worst way for this to play out.

• Like 2

Spoiler

I agree in that it would suck if it's Jaqen because it would seem out of character for him to do such a thing. 

But I am into the Fight Club idea. 

35 minutes ago, Cloudy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Episode thoughts! Stuff! Elegies!

I don't see what theories can really come from the letter Sansa wrote, to me it seemed obvious she was writing to Littlefinger to get the knights of The Vale since their evidently having a harder time getting Northern support than they expected.

I think pretty much everyone figured it out as soon as she sat down, but there are people (like me) who wanted to see what it said, in part for curiosity and in part to confirm :P

4 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I've just found out that Ian McShane's character is called Brother Ray. I never thought Game of Thrones would be influenced by TNA.

I wonder who the Aces And Eights are in this story. :shifty:

Spoiler

I don't think the possibility of it being Jaqen is too far out there if it was designed as a test.

But then again, I'm pretty sure he can die, and who's there to enforce the rules if he isn't.

Spoiler

Hype as fuck for The Hound returning - that grab of the axe at the very end was just tantalising - however, I really don't think CLEGANEBOWL~! is going to happen. How, in less than three episodes (assuming the Trial By Combat happens this season, as I can't see them dragging it to next year) is Sandor meant to be given a reason to go to Kings Landing, get there and get in with The Faith to the point that he's chosen as their champion? He's headed off to slay some Brothers, just not his own.

Spoiler

Was that stuff with The Hound actually occurring at the same time as the other stuff? I got the impression that was set a little before what we're currently seeing.

Besides, everyone in King's Landing knows The Hound by reputation, The Faith Militant would be mad not to accept him as their champion - one of the best fighters in all the realms and they don't have to sacrifice an immediate member of their own number? Win-win.

Spoiler

Not really. It's just been rumored. In the books The Hound is left for dead after an infected wound slows him down. Brienne finds his warhorse at a backwoods sept, someone in charge there basically tells her The Hound is dead after having been found on the road. Dying filled with unrealized rage and hate for his Brother, wanting nothing more than to kill him and being denied. While hanging out she sees a really tall robed guy. In charge person references tall guy as a servant of the faith that came to them. And that's it. It's never confirmed or denied, just super implied. The tall guy also happens to be the mini-sept's grave digger... So, as things developed fans were stoked for the possibility of a fight with the zombie mountain. It's all a theory and shouldn't be taken as fact regarding either the book or the show, but it's an exciting hope for some people on the internet.

Regarding the above theory/bookish/tv show spoilering.

Spoiler

It'll come down to Cersei being arrogant and pompous, putting forward Zombie Mountain, thinking she has it all wrapped up. The Faith call their champion...Tommen. Margaery will egg him on to compete ("Kings can't seem weak", etc.), Cersei's arrogance will lead to the death of her final child, as was told in the prophecy, due to The Mountain being near-mindless, and only accepting Tommen as 'an enemy of Cersei', and therefore someone he must kill through his 'programming'. Cersei goes mad, things happen that I won't go into too much, as it's referring to a lot of minor stuff that may not have been noticed. Calling it.

That's not to say we won't get some rad as fuck scenes with Sandor going full Axe Cop and righting the wrongs of the murder of his cult friends.

• Like 2