House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

That is something Margarey would do. I doubt they'd reveal The Hound was alive in a scene like that, before the opening credits, if they didn't intend to build to a Clegane clash. But it doesn't have to happen in the Trial by Combat. Hound is going to be an ally of the Faith Militant, but we do have a few steps needed to get him there.

Then, they could fly through those steps in the next episode if they really want to. But it would feel rushed to people who don't obsess about show theories.

21 minutes ago, damshow said:
  Hide contents

That is something Margarey would do. I doubt they'd reveal The Hound was alive in a scene like that, before the opening credits, if they didn't intend to build to a Clegane clash. But it doesn't have to happen in the Trial by Combat. Hound is going to be an ally of the Faith Militant, but we do have a few steps needed to get him there.

Then, they could fly through those steps in the next episode if they really want to. But it would feel rushed to people who don't obsess about show theories.

Spoiler

Oh yeah, no doubt it'll be time for THE HYPE to be realised at some point, but I agree, I don't think it'll happen in the Trial By Combat. They (generally) don't rush storylines through. It will happen though, just probably next season.

A lot of it isn't even book spoilers, the last 3 or 4 posts have been pure speculation based on what people want to see. 

Next episode everyone comes to a realization, goes to their enemy, apologizes, rainbows shoot out of everyone's butts and the credits roll 30 minutes in.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Benji said:

What's with the sudden issue (and not just you, Mykel) with people taking time to be courteous and using spoilers? It's not hard to click to open and it saves some people from being spoiled.

I understand, but last week I hadn't seen GoT until about 3 days after it aired. So I didn't come into this thread, thus it wasn't spoiled for me :P

So now I just assume that everything that is spoilered is about the book. No other thread is this spoilerised >_>

I've made the mistake of clicking threads out of habit when I haven't watched that weeks episode yet. So the spoilers at least are helpful when it comes to human error. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, metaLLman again said:

I've made the mistake of clicking threads out of habit when I haven't watched that weeks episode yet. So the spoilers at least are helpful when it comes to human error. 

But that is because you have been touched by the angels, it isn't your fault you are slow.

The Edmure/Jaime scene was really solid. Kind of weak resolution to Riverrun though.

Final scene was good, but expected, payoff. Here's to Arya returning home, Ramsay dying, and the Starks finally having something go their way.

Enjoyed The Hound just walking around walloping people with an axe. Hopefully his trail of vengeance leads him straight to King's Landing.

Spoiler

well thanks for fucking nothing, Blackfish. Three years of "oh shit, but the Blackfish is still out there" culminating in "well, yes he is but actually he's just stubborn and useless." I guess ultimately that whole thing was just an excuse to get Jaime out of King's Landing and Brienne down south to have another scene with him. Whatever. Good scene with Edmure, I guess.

I did enjoy the Ode to It Follows stuff with Arya and the Waif, and the Brotherhood Without Banners forming an Alliance to End Hygienemania with the Hound is great.

• Like 2

The Waif was definitely auditioning for 'Terminator XII: Medieval' where a Terminator is sent back to the 15th Century to kill Count John Connor of Wessex.

• Like 4

Spoiler

I don't like how we didn't see the dead of Blackfish. As damshow already said the whole resolution to Riverrun made sense but was kinda weak.

And I hate how the Arya-Faceless story played out. So Arya actually got stabbed last week and it wasn't some kind of Shyamalan-twist about who is being tested. Why the hell was she behaving so carlessly? She has been with the Faceless for a long time and she knows how they operate! But she is just prancing around the city giving people money like she never spent all this time training with them know that everyone she sees could probably be one of the Faceless! That is so out of character for her! And why did Jaqen let Arya walk away? Why was he smiling in the end? It can't be because she freed him in Season 2 because he payed her back by helping her flee from the Lannisters. There is no good reason for why he let her go and didn't kill her on the spot. And her stomach-wound just healed like that? How did she manage to defeat the Waif with that anyway? The wound clearly opened up and she seemed pretty weakend by it. Even if she has the advantage of being able to fight in the dark it still should've been a hard fight and Arya looked pretty good when she was standing in front of Jaqen in that final scene.

Edited by Hellraiser