House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

1 hour ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

He made a deal that kept the peace and helped ensure slavery would not return, he's done what she wanted.

Spoiler

But the Masters didn't plan to keep their side of the bargain. If Dany didn't arrive in time they would've layed Mereen to waste. And if you ask me Tyrion should've known that you can't trust the Masters. Also IIRC part of the deal was that they were given a couple of years time to abolish slavery and I doubt that Dany would've been okay with that kind of compromise.

1 hour ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

But the Masters didn't plan to keep their side of the bargain. If Dany didn't arrive in time they would've layed Mereen to waste. And if you ask me Tyrion should've known that you can't trust the Masters. Also IIRC part of the deal was that they were given a couple of years time to abolish slavery and I doubt that Dany would've been okay with that kind of compromise.

Spoiler

Different groups.

Tyrion made peace with the Sons of the Harpy within Mereen, the Masters are from Yunkai and Astapor.

Just now, Gazz said:
  Hide contents

Different groups.

Tyrion made peace with the Sons of the Harpy within Mereen, the Masters are from Yunkai and Astapor.

No, Gazz. He made peace with Astapor, Yunkai and Volantis. 

Just now, Gazz said:
  Hide contents

Different groups.

Spoiler

Wait, what? I thought that the Masters controlled the Sons Of The Harpies? Why would they broker a deal with the Masters of Mereen if they already had effectively abolished slavery there?

13 minutes ago, Mick said:

Hide contents

No, Gazz. He made peace with Astapor, Yunkai and Volantis. 

Spoiler

Ufbr5ej.gif

• Like 3

To answer the question posed by Hellraiser:

Dany made Tyrion the Hand because a. He's helped her a great deal. b. Think about it: They're going to have to invade Westeros, and who else does she have that might know their defenses that well, and c. He's THAT fucking pimp. `nuff said.

Honestly, Tyrion = the main reason I watch the show a lot of times. Peter Dinklage is just that damned awesome in the role.

Spoiler

I feel like Dean-Charles Chapman deserves kudos for his Tommen. He played the role perfectly, and his role in his final scene really emphasized what a tragic character he has been. Despite being ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, the one thing he truly controlled in his life was his exit from the world :(

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

I feel like Dean-Charles Chapman deserves kudos for his Tommen. He played the role perfectly, and his role in his final scene really emphasized what a tragic character he has been. Despite being ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, the one thing he truly controlled in his life was his exit from the world :(

The king so nice, they killed him twice!

42 minutes ago, Alex. said:
  Hide contents

D+D=T is garbage. Utter garbage.

A+J=T on the other hand...that scene with Tyrion and the dragons..who knows.

Spoiler

Plus there's the stuff about the dragon having three heads, not to mention Tywin lamenting the fact that he can't prove Tyrion isn't his son, along with the fact that, in the books, Tyrion has blonder hair than his siblings.

Actually, though, I'm with the people who would rather it doesn't turn out to be an accurate theory because the idea of all the main characters being related due to fate is a little too contrived for my liking, especially in a series that has a reputation for subverting certain clichés. Yes, it would fit the narrative, but does everything really have to come down to prophecy and destiny?

Spoiler

Yeah I really don't care for Tyrion being a potential Targaryen. The only one I cared about was basically confirmed on Sunday which left me satisfied. I hope Tyrion actually isn't a Targ and just a Lannister. Hand of the King and ruling Casterly Rock...2 things that would've pissed off his father for sure.

4 hours ago, Alex. said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I really don't care for Tyrion being a potential Targaryen. The only one I cared about was basically confirmed on Sunday which left me satisfied. I hope Tyrion actually isn't a Targ and just a Lannister. Hand of the KingQueen and ruling Casterly Rock...2 things that would've pissed off his father for sure.

<_<

I thought that was a fantastic finale. I hadn't even noticed till someone mentioned here that The Hound wasn't featured. The first 10 or 15 minutes with that score were amazing, perfectly done I thought. I agree with Benji that Tommen played it pretty great, and I disagree with whoever said Cersei didn't give a fuck, I thought it showed how numb she was that she didn't even give a shit that Jamie was back.

Sansa continues to be fantastic. I was surprised at Arya appearing but was awesome to see her get revenge. The Starks are on a roll lately. Why was Ser Davos so angry with Melisandre though? Like I get burning Stannis daughter was a horrific moment and that, but he's spent time with the red woman and spoken to her loads this season already. He got her to bring Jon back so it was weird he'd suddenly reverted to despising the sight of her again I thought.

I wasn't really paying attention during Danys scene with Daario, why does she need to leave him behind? Something about leaving herself available to marry some Lords or something? I don't really get what the point with Yeuron (I think? Theon and Yaras uncle) being voted king and planning to give his cock to Dany for ships was either. Dany got her ships and an allegiance with Theon/Yara anyway so was surprised he only showed up that one time.

Was a pretty awesome season overall, what with the Hodor origins episode, bastardbowl etc. I didn't realise we were so close to end game (someone said only like 13 episodes left?) But it's all shaping up really well. It'll be amazing seeing Tyrion and Cersei on opposite sides, Mountain v Hound surely, and finally Gendry saving the day with a run in with a wooden oar against the Nights King dude.

• Like 2

Kaney

1. For Davos, he loved Shireen like a daughter. It wasn't until he found the wooden toy stag that he realized what had happened to her. 

2. For Dario, it was part she needs to be open to marry lords and part she needs him to stay and protect the city.