House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Spoiler

Personally, after everything is said and done, with the wall destroyed, I think Jon is going to foresake all power, move to the far north and live a life of solitude; close to his true love, Egret. I think Sam and Tilly will live up north, close to Jon.

I think Sansa will become Lady of the North and she'll control the north. Dany will, of course, rule the 7 kingdoms, Yara will control the Iron Islands, Arya will venture out to the far west, and Tyrion will remain in Westeros as hand of the queen.

The only one I'm curious about is Jamie. I can pretty much guess where his character arc will end, fully becoming a decent man, but I have no idea where that'll lead him.

Spoiler

I feel like Jamie is going to end the show either already with the Night's Watch, or taking the black as his final scenes. Unless they find a permanent solution to the problem, which I doubt they will/hope they won't (I'm assuming they'll (book spoilers)...

Spoiler

... find the long term solution of Lightbringer...

... but ending it permanently feels like it would be in contrast with the world created.

Love love LOVE this theory, credit to Tescobum44 on Reddit...

Spoiler

Ever since the s06e10 aired I've seen a million posts about how R + L = J means Jon is Azor Ahai and theorizing about how he is going to stab Dany to bring forth lightbringer. Personally I disagree with this and think people are missing something that is key.

What do we know: firstly I would like to go through our prophesies. In the stories of the long night we have heard various accounts of a hero who defeats the others. Three particular accounts stick out. In the north we have The last hero who ventures north, in kings landing (well Rhaegar) we have the prince that was promised and in essos (with R'hllor) we have Azor Ahai. It is often assumed that these all correlate to the same person. But what if they don't. What if instead of being a purely Targaryen ideal the dragon having three heads relates to our last night's Heroes. That in Valyria our hero was known as the dragon and they were three. That Our last hero, our prince that was promised and Azor Ahai are actually our three heads of the dragon.

The last hero from the North, venturing beyond the wall to learn from the children eventually losing his horse and his sword but learning the secret to defeating the white walkers. The last hero is our hero of Ice. The last hero is Bran.

Next we have Azor Ahai, our hero of fire born amidst salt and smoke who plunges his sword into their lovers breast and tempers it with the sacrifice of love to bring forth lightbringer. There are plenty of theories around this but who has already completed them all? Daenerys Stormborn born on Dragonstone burned her lover and brought forth Dragons. reborn amid smoke and tears. Daenerys is Azor Ahai. Daenerys is Our hero of Fire.

This bring us to Jon our prince that was promised, born under a bleeding star and literally promised by Ned to Lyanna to be kept safe. The final head of the dragon. The one who can unite our head of Ice and our head of fire together by being part of both. Jon our prince that was promised is our song.

Tldr; The song of ice and fire is our three heroes and they in turn are the three heads of the dragon.

• Like 2

Question - has Dany received any combat training? I don't recall it happening, but surely the rightful Queen of The Seven Kingdoms who has spent most of her life hiding from would-be-murderers should know how to defend herself? Probably just something I missed but thought I'd query it.

9 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

I said ages ago that it was Bran, Dany and Jon

Plenty of people have said it, what's interesting is that that person has given analogues to the previous hero/heroes and made the theory more than just "I think it's going to be X".

• Like 1

I really like the fact that I can now speculate openly about Game of Thrones without running the risk of the book content spoiling future events. In the past, I would have to mull it over myself because I knew there would be at least one overeager book reader who would tell me I was wrong, or even give a telling smile and an "I'll say nothing" if I said something close to the truth. Now that we're all in the dark, it's a level playing field, and it feels quite liberating.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2016 at 00:39, Benji said:
  Hide contents

I feel like Jamie is going to end the show either already with the Night's Watch, or taking the black as his final scenes. Unless they find a permanent solution to the problem, which I doubt they will/hope they won't (I'm assuming they'll (book spoilers)...

Reveal hidden contents

... but ending it permanently feels like it would be in contrast with the world created.

Spoiler

If they destroy the White Walkers and all the free folk are on the other side of the wall and the wall is destroyed; what's the point of the Night's Watch?

8 minutes ago, DhinBuke Zakamura said:
  Hide contents

If they destroy the White Walkers and all the free folk are on the other side of the wall and the wall is destroyed; what's the point of the Night's Watch?

Spoiler

They won't destroy them forever. The original hero didn't and they probably won't. Night's Watch must remain vigilant.

That was why I explained all that after I posted about it :P

• Like 1