Sign in to follow this  
hugobomb

Game of Thrones

I really hope the episodes themselves don't leak early. Last time round, a number of sites decided it was appropriate to post the news of Beyond The Wall's leak alongside a screenshot of Viserion being reanimated.

18 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I really hope the episodes themselves don't leak early. Last time round, a number of sites decided it was appropriate to post the news of Beyond The Wall's leak alongside a screenshot of Viserion being reanimated.

Barring any mishaps regarding uploading things to HBO Go/Now at the wrong time and/or another major hacking scandal, security has been good this year and bodes well overall. S8E1 plot and what was going on at the later Dragonpit filmings (although exact outcomes differ depending on who you believe) are the big ones.

Also, smaller promo bits have dropped and THERE'S JON/ARYA FOOTAGE IN THEM, BE STILL MY HEART. (Although it looks like it's post-Jon parentage reveal)

🎺🎺🎺 WE ARE THE HYPERS IN THE NIGHT FOR CLEGANEBOWL KEEPS ON GETTING MORE AND MORE CONFIRMED 🎺🎺🎺

• Like 1

Finally finished the rewatch, and with a day to spare.

Also after the 7th season rewatch did I realize that the dragon named after Viserys is the one that turns to the army of the dead, while Jon will soon get to ride the dragon named after his father. 

Also, Ghost didn't appear once in the 7th season? Is he still alive? If he is, where the hell is he? He doesn't appear to be anywhere with Jon or at Winterfell. 

I have one episode left in my re-watch, which I timed out perfectly if I do say, as I'll watch it tonight.

Ghost is at Winterfell. He and Jon reunited in Season 6 and went back with him, but didn't go with Jon when he went south to meet Dany. 

• Like 2

Ghost is tucked away in a safe place where the CGI budget can't find him.

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Ghost is tucked away in a safe place where the CGI budget can't find him.

They shot their Direwolf CGI Season 7 wad on Nymeria's brief appearance. 

That's right, and then she was made to sod off so that they could focus on dragons and ice zombies. Those direwolves really should unionise.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the first episode more than any other. The thought of all those characters coming together and interacting seems appealing.

So, who else isn't watching tonight because they don't have HBO? 

:(

Then I'll be staying well away from the internet for the next few hours.

Damn. I laughed, I cried, I'm mad I have to wait a week to see what I came here for.

• Like 1

Is the episode over? What was the run time? Is it.. is it safe to come out of hiding and watch it on HBOGo now?

Yes, 55 minutes.

1 minute ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

Is the episode over? What was the run time? Is it.. is it safe to come out of hiding and watch it on HBOGo now?

Safe now, currently in the Inside the Episode segment.

Also, Sam :crying:

Spoiler

Well, the Karstark boy's plan to stick himself to the wall and surprise the Night's Watch in a bold attempt at a practical joke backfired rather badly.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He was an Umber, Ned to be exact. House Karstark is led by a girl, IIRC.

Jaime Lannister with the Just For Men sponsorship, too.

3 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:
  Hide contents

Well, the Karstark boy's plan to stick himself to the wall and surprise the Night's Watch in a bold attempt at a practical joke backfired rather badly.

Spoiler

Hi, I'm Eddison Tollett. He's Tormund Giantsbane, and THIS IS JACKASS.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Boy, that's going to be an awkward conversation next week: 

SANSA: You tried to kill my brother!
JAIME: Well...
DANY: You killed my father!
JAIME: To be fair..
JON: And my grandpa!
JAIME, SANSA, DANY: What?
JON (High pitched): What?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Loved it! Very annoyed though that my the episode was flickering on my TV for some reason (every 30-60 seconds). Tried a different HDMI cable... not sure what's going on. @Mick, fix it for me. 

5 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Loved it! Very annoyed though that my the episode was flickering on my TV for some reason (every 30-60 seconds). Tried a different HDMI cable... not sure what's going on. @Mick, fix it for me. 

I had problems of my own tonight!

Seriously though, our TV is through DirectTV (as provided by ATT, somehow...). Anyway, due to the comments of both my brother and sister-in-law, I wanted to watch the episode alone, in peace. SO THE DIRECTTV WEB THING decides it's just not going to work, leading me to find some kind of streaming site, which didn't help me at all in like the first 15 minutes because EVERYONE was watching them :( .