House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

15 minutes ago, Ruki said:

He was in Battle of the Bastards?

Yes he was for a second or 2 nobody would notice unless you seriously are looking for it.

"During the fight sequence where Jon is being trampled on, one can see the face of Daniel Craig in the backdrop for around 1 to 2 seconds. After begging to Weiss and Benioff to let him appear on the show, after revealing he was a fan to the Daily Mail, they let him appear."

• 2 months later...

I figured I'd post this here instead of the gigs thread but if any of you get the chance to see Ramin Djawadi with a live orchestra for the Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience, you should go. It was so wonderful and really reminded me how much I love the show. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there anybody else besides me that isn't at all hyped for Season 7? I loved Seasons 1 through 4 of this show. Then Season 5 aired and it was a big disappointment. Especially the way they butchered Dorne. Season 6 was a mixed bag. For everything I enjoyed about that season there are about as many things I didn't enjoy.

Edited by Hellraiser

I sort of am and sort of not. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens, but all the talk has been about how grandiose and epic the action scenes are going to be. That's fine, but it's not my favourite thing about the show, so I hope the drama is still of the quality I've come to expect. Also, as I've said before, as the series gets more into the fantasy elements of prophecy and magic, I'm likely to get less interested because what I originally liked about the series were the political struggles and manipulative schemes. You could take the dragons and resurrection spells out and I'd be perfectly happy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

Is there anybody else besides me that isn't at all hyped for Season 7? I loved Seasons 1 through 4 of this show. Then Season 5 aired and it was a big disappointment. Especially the way they butchered Dorne. Season 6 was a mixed bag. For everything I enjoyed about that season there are about as many things I didn't enjoy.

I'm not bothering with 7, probably. Show's just not for me anymore and where I'm at with TV, in a general sense, is that the only shows I'll slog through due to a sense of commitment are shared-universe shows like Iron Fist or whichever one of the Arrowverse shows is the worst of them at any given time. For a standalone show like Game of Thrones (or The Walking Dead, which I basically started to ditch around the same time), if I'm bored of it it's getting cut.

6 was maybe better than 5, if I'm being objective about it, but in this weird stilted way that's probably partially forced by being nearly at the end and seemingly running real low on book material to work with. But then, I'd probably take the good season 5 episodes over anything in 6 ('sup, "Hardhome").

I haven't been excited about it at all. After the initial hype, S6 was meh. I liked Battle of the Bastards, finale was pretty good, other than that...it was mostly meh (hold the door was terrific.) 

Idk, I think the show certainly has taken a huge dip in quality. Loved Seasons 1-3 and S4 was good, but I began to notice cracks. S5 was abysmal except for Hardhome. I haven't kept up at all with production this year I'm just out of it. 

Perhaps a good trailer will change my mind and get me back into the swing of things. We get it, DanyWinsLol. :/

• 1 month later...

Four potential spin-off series are being planned, according to HBO. They're all in a trial phase of sorts and won't necessarily all be made, but the intention to keep the franchise going on-screen is, predictably, very much at the forefront of their plans.