House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I think Robert's Rebellion would be best handled through flashbacks. We all know everything that happens, so I don't think it needs a full series. I'd like something narrower that focuses on one or two characters, or perhaps on a shorter time frame.

The Defiance of Duskendale would be something I'd like because it would showcase Aerys' final descent into madness, Tywin's attempts to keep the peace while avoiding getting on Aerys' bad side, Rhaegar gaining support and Barristan Selmy being the greatest of all time. While we know the start and end points of the story, there are plenty of gaps that can be filled in, giving more screen time and development to a set of potentially great characters. I think ten episodes should do the job nicely.

I'm calling it. In the final episode Westeros lies in ruins. All the major characters have died in the war of Dragons and the White Walkers. Only small groups of peasants and soldiers have survived. Then one day Genrdy lands on the docks of what used to be King's Landing looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger in "Conan the Barbarian" from rowing all those years. He roams through the ruins of the capitol. Finally he arrives at the remains of the Red Keep. Underneath the mountains of rubble of what used to be the throne room he uncovers the Iron Throne. Finally the true king of Westeros has arrived. And he leads the country into a glorious future.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

In case anyone didn't know, George RR Martin has revealed that there are now five scripts for potential spin-offs being looked at. They're all prequels, and none of them are based on either Dunk and Egg or Robert's Rebellion.

I think someone mentioned it on here...

On 5/4/2017 at 21:45, Bobfoc said:

Four potential spin-off series are being planned, according to HBO. They're all in a trial phase of sorts and won't necessarily all be made, but the intention to keep the franchise going on-screen is, predictably, very much at the forefront of their plans.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Mick said:

TMW you realize Sam is Shireen's oldest cousin, and with Stannis and Shireen out of the picture, he has a claim....

Crusader Kings II thread is in the Coin Op thread

• Like 5