House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Spoiler

I loved the Arya/Ed Sheeran scene because so much of Arya's life so far has just been filled with deceit and murder and chaos. And then she just gets to have this moment with people similar in age. And they're just normal blokes. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gazz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She wears people's faces, Gazz!

Outside of the Starks and Dany I think my fave character is that girl who runs her own territory and is so bad ass. I can't remember her name which is kind of ironic because one of her main bad ass lines that made me love her was her saying her House remembers. That was a great speech from last season that got me really worked up and she was still a tiny bad ass in this episode.

• Like 9

If she's the best, there's a good chance she'll die :(

I really liked this episode, and I am so sad you guys didn't like the Sam montage! Sam's montage was awesome. Really the only down part of the episode for me was

Spoiler

Fucking hell, Dany! You take six seasons to come to Westeros and in the first episode all you do is nothing! SIX SEASONS!

Arya is the best, though. I hope she

Spoiler

and the Hound find a way to get back together and somehow be friends.

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Outside of the Starks and Dany I think my fave character is that girl who runs her own territory and is so bad ass. I can't remember her name which is kind of ironic because one of her main bad ass lines that made me love her was her saying her House remembers. That was a great speech from last season that got me really worked up and she was still a tiny bad ass in this episode.

Lyanna Mormont is my favorite character outside of Jon, Jorah (her uncle, I guess?) and Tyrion. I know it's a small role but she's fantastic and way more bad ass than most of those old dudes in the North.

Edited by punky

Something I noticed about Arya:

Spoiler

This may be coincidental, but her appearance in the episode, with her dark cloak and the fact that she started the Ed Sheeran scene riding a horse, reminded me a lot of Lyanna Stark in Bran's Winterfell flashback. In the books, it's often noted that Arya is a lot like Lyanna in looks and personality, so I thought that was an interesting touch.

Also, it's strange seeing her as a grown woman. It might be my imagination, but she looked quite a bit taller than I remember her being during the last series.

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Something I noticed about Arya:

Hide contents

Also, it's strange seeing her as a grown woman. It might be my imagination, but she looked quite a bit taller than I remember her being during the last series.

Spoiler

She was on a horse, dude :shifty:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Lady Lyanna Mormont! She's the best.

If she dies, I will be the saddest. 

No chance, she's going to train up and get some armour and the final episode will feature this four foot tall girl in plate armour, dual wielding two seven foot long Valyrian broadswords in an absolute hurricane of Lannister death.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

No chance, she's going to train up and get some armour and the final episode will feature this four foot tall girl in plate armour, dual wielding two seven foot long Valyrian broadswords in an absolute hurricane of Lannister death.

The Bear and the Mountain Fair

9 hours ago, Gazz said:

Best ending.

• Like 3

Not a bad premiere, mostly table setting but I'm just glad to have the show back. :wub:

Though I couldn't help but laugh at Euron Greyjoy because he was dressed like he just came straight from the set of a music video for an indie band in the early 00s.

43 minutes ago, livid said:

Though I couldn't help but laugh at Euron Greyjoy because he was dressed like he just came straight from the set of a music video for an indie band in the early 00s.

What Euron Greyjoy looks like.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a replacement lead singer for a Stone Temple Pilots reunion tour.

• Like 3