House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

12 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I'm going to continue what I did last season. Someone please tell me if it's cool for me to watch after it's over. I think you guys know my concerns

Considering that a lot of rape and similar stuff has happened regularly in previous series I'd guess that you probably shouldn't carry on with the show. Apparently it is even worse in the books.

20 minutes ago, MDK said:

Considering that a lot of rape and similar stuff has happened regularly in previous series I'd guess that you probably shouldn't carry on with the show. Apparently it is even worse in the books.

This is probably a good idea but there are parts of the show I enjoy so damn much that I am trying my best to work around it.

28 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

This is probably a good idea but there are parts of the show I enjoy so damn much that I am trying my best to work around it.

At a guess I would say that someone, somewhere has edited the series to remove all of that stuff.

This episode had its sex but it was all consensual.

I knew Theon would bail. He's been so visibly uncomfortable this entire time with Yara. The trauma of what happened with Ramsey will never leave him. I assume that's it for him as a character, just drifting out at sea to inevitably die.

Spoiler

And here I was about to complain that they followed up a set-up episode with another set-up episode and then that finale happens. So 2 of the sandsnakes, a set of very underwhelming characters, get killed by another underwhelming character. Are we sure that they really are the daughters of Oberyn? And Theon bails. Meh. But at least it looked cool and something was accomplished and not just set-up for a future episode.

Rest of the episode was okay. So who will Littlefinger manipulate now? He tried to get into Snow's had and that failed. And Sansa isn't falling for his shit anymore either. Or maybe the responsibility of ruling the north will overwhelm her which will make her listen to Littlefinger. Or maybe Littlefinger betrays the North alltogether? I would be all for the last option simply because I want to see Littlefigner be a conniving bastard again after he did little to nothing in the last couple seasons. His character used to be so much fun to watch.

5 hours ago, damshow said:

This episode had its sex but it was all consensual.

Hide contents

I knew Theon would bail. He's been so visibly uncomfortable this entire time with Yara. The trauma of what happened with Ramsey will never leave him. I assume that's it for him as a character, just drifting out at sea to inevitably die.

Maybe he can get together with Gendry and they can be happy together.

Edited by SeanDMan
  • Like 4

Running thoughts on the show: 

- Yay, Balerion! Or at least his skull
- As if I needed anothe reason to hate Cersie
- Pretty good banter between Dany and Friends. I like the tension between them
- That was also fun with Olena and 
- Missandie does us a solid and finds out what sex with a Ken doll is like. 
- If Sam suggests that he calls the Archmaester's book anything that GRRM has come up with, I'll---keep watching I guess. 
- I don't see this ending well for Jorah or Sam, tbh. 
- Great Sam. A forbidden treatment, being performed by an amateur, which WILL be painful, without making any noise. Would you like a blindfold as well? 
- This is not a good scene to watch while eating. /r/popping will love it, though
- Hot Pie. Great. "Not fat enough?" to quote Randyll Tarly
- Yeah Arya, share your pie receipe with Hot Pie. 
- Forget it, Hot Pie, she's Highborn, she's out of your league. Put her in the spank bank and move on. 
- And suddenly Arya forgets all about killing Cersei
- And Dragonstone's little secret is out. 
- Tyrion sends a letter to Jon, and...
- Baelish is like "Whoa shit, didn't plan for this..."
- Everyone is not happy about Jon going to Dragonstone
- You are in command now, ADMIRAL Sansa
- And that wolfish grin from Baelish...
- Nice statue of Ned
- You tell him Jon. 
- Baelish makes a good point
- Yeah, Jon, Littlefinger isn't your enemy. right now. 
- I wonder if Petyr will remember what happened the last time he pissesd off a Stark. 
- (spoiler: Brandon Stark kicked his ass)
- This week, on Arya in the Wild: Will she meet another famous person? 
- NYMERIA RETURNS! (not to be confused with Nymeria Sand, who will NOT return)
- That's a big bitch. 
- NYMERIA EATS ARYA BAD END
- Nah, j/k
- Nah, fuck you girl, you threw rocks at me, fuck off. 
- The lone wolf dies, and the pack survives
- Tyene's not as cute with longer hair :(
- Poor Theon...
- Go ahead Ellaria, seduce him, I dare you. 
- That's it guys, I'm moving to Dorne. Bye. 
- EURON ARRIVES ON BOARD THE IBS COCKBLOCK!
- You know, they probably should have brought a dragon with them for defense....
- Finally, we get to see the Ironborn do something!
- "Yara, two already!"
- Jesus Christ, is this what's going on in my games?!
- o_O Euron is a bad mother fucker. 
- OBARA SAND HAS LEFT THE GAME!
- NYMERIA SAND HAS LEFT THE GAME!
- It is nice to see Yara sort of holding her own against Euron
- Nope, I was wrong
- Nobody, calls me cockless Euron, nobody!
- Goddamnit, Theon. 
- WELP, so much for the Martells and Greyjoys joining the fight. 
- How did Euron find out though?
- Pretty good episode, curious to see what next week will bring. Probably the assault on Casterly Rock. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Not sure if you've popped back into the thread yet....but you're good to watch this one :)

• Like 2

Some more thoughts:

Dany is destined to be the "mad queen" in the eyes of many since she'll wind up overwhelming the south with Dothraki and Unsullied. Meanwhile up north there are already wildlings. An advantage for Cersei to curry back some favor is to show them the outsiders that Jon and Daenerys brought into Westeros. Jon's gonna run around screaming like a madman to everyone about the White Walkers for far too long isn't he?

Varys' motivation is a little weird since he doesn't have an ace up his sleeve in case Daenerys dumps him. I know some of the changes from the books and it's harder to hold together that motivation of finding a just ruler by only leaving himself with one option now. He also could prove to be ineffective as a voice of influence for Daenerys given her established temperament. I'm really curious if she goes in on herself more as she sees how rough and tumble Westeros is, or if she continues on some of the growth she's had in understanding how to be a ruler. Like, what if Daenerys needs to decide between being a just ruler and holding onto the Iron Throne?

Also, some Redditor pointed out in the opening the space east of the wall that was once water is now shown as ice & snow. So add that into the theory of the White Walkers just going around The Wall after all this time.

• Like 3

Spoiler

I just realized something kind of insane.  Cersei didn't want anything to do with the Greyjoys, and then Euron goes out and kidnaps the leaders of the other Greyjoy fleet and the Dornish army.  He basically took out half of Dany's army by himself and stopped their entire siege.  I think this makes him the most effective general in the entire series thus far.