House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

On 7/31/2017 at 20:50, Azazel said:
  Hide contents

I'm officially sold on Euron as one of my new favorite characters now, he's just wonderful.  We are losing a lot of characters but we are also going to the end game so its to be expected, but it took all of 3 episodes for Dany to lose all her Westerosi allies she came over with last finale.

I like the difference in Cersei torturing the Sand Snakes and getting off on it and Jamie showing mercy to Olenna.  What I am concerned about is Jamie showed this mercy and then found out that not only did this woman murder his son, but that means Tyrion really was innocent the entire time but they drove him to murder Tywin and become the Hand to their enemy.  I fear that Jamie's is going to go very evil soon.

Spoiler

Nah, if they actually stick to it, Jaime didn't give two fucks about Joffrey, he only protected him because of Cersei. He probably will never tell Cersei that Olenna did it, to spare her the memory of Joffrey dying painfully and Olenna dying peacefully.

Jaime is 100% being positioned to kill Cersei, though, that line by Olenna about helping her become the monster she is and stuff was so damn telling.

Also, fuck the whole scene with people comparing what Dany did to what Jon did. Jon did everything while basically having his back against the wall the whole damn time, with no one trusting him, Dany got through life by sheer dumb luck and people having blind faith in her. They literally only support her because she has dragons, which apparently she has because "she believes in herself" or some bullshit and not through believing in fairy tales? Okay then.

• Like 1

Given EWB is essentially one giant comments section... >_>

qF6Utz7k0X_4GORnaVXd0zumIvqjN8BZwuTS7sx8KUg.jpg?w=1024&s=de82493a7795b3e07236f30c8934eded

Edited by SeanDMan
  • Like 11

Spoiler

I have to say that whole Three Eyed Raven character and arc is my least favourite part of the story, both in the books and on the show. I've said many times that it's the political conflict and strategic battle of wits that draws me to the series, and the entire "I know everything and I can manipulate time because I got pushed out a window and that gave me magic powers somehow" dynamic isn't compatible with that at all. I know the books made more of it than that, but I still find it to be half-baked Dungeons and Dragons nonsense.

If it gives us a flashback of Rhaegar, however, I might momentarily change my mind.

• Like 1

Bran's powers come from being born with Greensight, same as Jojen Reed was. It has nothing to do with him not learning how to fall from a twenty foot ladder.

• Like 8

Speaking of, didn't they sort of hint at Rickon having some sort of "sight" in the show? Like when he was down in the crypts of Winterfell with Shaggydog and he said "Father was down here" and Bran called him a liar? Then they kind of just dropped it.

Edited by punky

8 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

Given EWB is essentially one giant comments section... >_>

Reveal hidden contents

qF6Utz7k0X_4GORnaVXd0zumIvqjN8BZwuTS7sx8KUg.jpg?w=1024&s=de82493a7795b3e07236f30c8934eded

Spoiler

Ya, I'm not sure why of all things Bran could say he would choose that, but he also did say he hasn't figure out how to work the power completely yet, so maybe he doesn't know about Littlefinger, Jon, Arya or the the White Walkers yet?  I am still waiting for Howland Reed to show to explain some shit to everyone, where the hell is he anyway?  Didn't Robb send something to him back in like season 2?

My other main question that I have absolutely no idea about... if Bran talking to Hodor in the greendream turned him into Hodor... was someone talking to The Mad King and caused him to go crazy?  If so, who?

Rickon had similar dreams to Bran in the books, like they both dreamt of Ned in the crypts just after his execution.

Bran talked about Sansa's wedding because it was something that was verifiable by Sansa. If he'd said 'Jon's a Targaryen', she has no way of verifying that at the time so would just assume he's talking nonsense. Its the same reasoning why when he got to the Wall, he mentioned to Edd things that had specifically happened to him.

1 hour ago, Azazel said:
  Hide contents

My other main question that I have absolutely no idea about... if Bran talking to Hodor in the greendream turned him into Hodor... was someone talking to The Mad King and caused him to go crazy?  If so, who?

Spoiler

It wasn't Brand simply talking to young Hodor that turned him into Hodor. The way I understood this scene is that Bran managed to warg into young Hodor's mind so that he can control Hodor in the present and thereby making young Hodor witness his own death which effectively broke his mind. I could be wrong though.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Rickon had similar dreams to Bran in the books, like they both dreamt of Ned in the crypts just after his execution.

Bran talked about Sansa's wedding because it was something that was verifiable by Sansa. If he'd said 'Jon's a Targaryen', she has no way of verifying that at the time so would just assume he's talking nonsense. Its the same reasoning why when he got to the Wall, he mentioned to Edd things that had specifically happened to him.

I do understand that but for the love of god couldn't he have mentioned something else about her past that isn't related to the night she was raped? That isn't the only thing that happened to her since they last spoke to eachother. Mention that the poison that was used to kill Joffrey was hidden in the pearls of her necklace or that Littlefinger pushed Lysa Arryn through the Moon Door. Also:

Spoiler

"The Three-Eyed Raven taught me"

"I thought you were the Three-Eyed Raven"

"I told you it's difficult to explain"

NO IT'S FUCKING NOT! Just say that the Three-Eyed Raven died and that you are his successor you imbecile!

And why were the people in King's Landing cheering on Euron? He works with/for (depending from whose perspective you are looking at the situation) Cersei. They hate Cersei. There is no reason for them to cheer him on.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

Pretty much, Bran is basically the GoT version of Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen, when you can percieve everything that has happened, is happening and will happen, your perceptions of morality etc. change.

On 8/2/2017 at 10:05, Benjamin said:
  Hide contents

Jaime is 100% being positioned to kill Cersei, though, that line by Olenna about helping her become the monster she is and stuff was so damn telling.

Spoiler

This is why I think Arya is going to die. I think Arya is going to hook back up with The Hound on the way to kill Cersei, make an attempt at her life, and die because The Hound is too busy fighting the Cleganebowl. This will leave the door open for Jaime to end up doing the deed.

1 hour ago, Azazel said:
  Hide contents

Ya, I'm not sure why of all things Bran could say he would choose that, but he also did say he hasn't figure out how to work the power completely yet, so maybe he doesn't know about Littlefinger, Jon, Arya or the the White Walkers yet?  I am still waiting for Howland Reed to show to explain some shit to everyone, where the hell is he anyway?  Didn't Robb send something to him back in like season 2?

Spoiler

Maybe Bran as well?

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Bran's powers come from being born with Greensight, same as Jojen Reed was. It has nothing to do with him not learning how to fall from a twenty foot ladder.

And that's something that does nothing for me as a fan, sadly. Prophecy and time travel are two things that I'm not keen on in my silly medieval fiction.

Actually, I did like the raven Bran saw in his dreams during the first season. With the show not having a huge budget at the time, it looked like a normal raven with an arts-and-crafts googly eye stuck to its head.

• Like 1