House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Yeah, Game of Thrones is a rare example of opening credits that are decently long and I have absolutely no desire to ever skip.

I am sure it helps that they are "always" different.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Nothing seemed to happen this week was the biggest issue, everything seemed to be in stasis so they could blow everything up in the last two episodes. I wouldn't call this episode bad, but I did find myself wondering when they were going to get to the fireworks factory.

I liked the episode, and I do feel like things happened in it and it wasn't just pure filler. But it was all mostly character-building stuff, very calm-before-the-storm, and given the slightly odd feel/pacing to this season I definitely think there's merit to feeling impatient with things.

Wellp, there's Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey's Emmy submission episodes. Sophie Turner could submit it too.

The Hound crumbling at the sight of the burning men was the biggest shocker. Amazing.

Loras/House Tyrell flipping over to supporting the Lannisters was an awesome way for Stannis killing Renly to backfire on him, too.

And I think Tyrion isn't dead but GOD DAMN IT, IF TYRION IS DEAD.

Surely the best of the season, as predicted.

Also, "Rains of Castamere". laugh.gif

Book spoiler regarding the Tyrells:

I think they could do the "Garlan using Renly's armor" thing with Loras, it would be epic. But the ending was amazing anyway.

EDIT: It seems they actually did the armor thing with Loras. laugh.gif

Edited by Aolynthon

That was such an awesome episode...the best episode of Thrones yet.

Tyrion's battle cry, the Hound-Brohn confontation, drunk Cersai, Stannis Baratheon...everyone was incredible. I was so happy they never cut to Jon Snow or the Starks because the battle was just so compelling. Amazing stuff...I can't wait for next week.

Wellp, there's Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey's Emmy submission episodes. Sophie Turner could submit it too.

The Hound crumbling at the sight of the burning men was the biggest shocker. Amazing.

Loras/House Tyrell flipping over to supporting the Lannisters was an awesome way for Stannis killing Renly to backfire on him, too.

And I think Tyrion isn't dead but GOD DAMN IT, IF TYRION IS DEAD.

I almost wonder if Dinklage will consider entering for Best Actor because he probably could but the field is so stacked in that category it may not be worth it.

And wow this episode was utterly tremendous. I hate having to wait a week to see what happens next. :(

I also loved the fact that Neil Marshall (The Descent, Doomsday, Centurion) directed this episode. His tendency for gruesome kills was perfect for the battle scenes.

It'd be a little disingenuous to submit Dinklage for Best Supporting again because he's now the top-billed name in the credits with Sean Bean gone. Of course, he'd have an incredibly slim chance of winning in Best Actor (I'm anticipating it being another round of Jon Hamm vs. Bryan Cranston and I hope Hamm finally gets his win), so they might pull a Modern Family and say there are no lead actors in Game of Thrones or something.

Ho. Ly. Shit.

Just....holy fucking shit. What an episode. Best episode of the season (series maybe?).

Just, everything in this episode was.....oh my god. The Hound vs Brohn was amazing, and I would love to see them square off one day. But Brohn saving him, and then taking down two men all quick like was fucking awesome.

The Hound being scared by fire was pretty surprising, I thought he was a fearless killing machine. But I like that he and Sanza are going north together.

I LOVE that Tywin Lannister gave us the swerve ending, did NOT expect that to happen. But this gives Robb the perfect chance to make up some ground. The fact that they kept to the battle for the entire episode and ignored everything in the north was perfect. I felt it would have taken away from it.

But......Tyrion :( Why do they have to kill the characters I love? His speeches were amazing, his chopping off the leg one one man was great...everything he did in this episode was perfect. Except the part where he got his face cut. I...I honestly have no idea if he is alive. I hope he is, I really do. Who was it that turned on him? That was the kings guard or something, right? Why did that happen!? I don't get it :( But I love that his squire saved/avenged him. If this is the second last episode of the season, how the HELL are they going to top it next week?

Ho. Ly. Shit.

Just....holy fucking shit. What an episode. Best episode of the season (series maybe?).

Just, everything in this episode was.....oh my god. The Hound vs Brohn was amazing, and I would love to see them square off one day. But Brohn saving him, and then taking down two men all quick like was fucking awesome.

The Hound being scared by fire was pretty surprising, I thought he was a fearless killing machine. But I like that he and Sanza are going north together.

I LOVE that Tywin Lannister gave us the swerve ending, did NOT expect that to happen. But this gives Robb the perfect chance to make up some ground. The fact that they kept to the battle for the entire episode and ignored everything in the north was perfect. I felt it would have taken away from it.

But......Tyrion :( Why do they have to kill the characters I love? His speeches were amazing, his chopping off the leg one one man was great...everything he did in this episode was perfect. Except the part where he got his face cut. I...I honestly have no idea if he is alive. I hope he is, I really do. Who was it that turned on him? That was the kings guard or something, right? Why did that happen!? I don't get it :( But I love that his squire saved/avenged him. If this is the second last episode of the season, how the HELL are they going to top it next week?

That bit. Anyone care to explain?

Also that was an amazing episode. The battle was fantastic.. I echo all the statements made about specifics.

Ho. Ly. Shit.

That bit. Anyone care to explain?

Also that was an amazing episode. The battle was fantastic.. I echo all the statements made about specifics.

It was ser Mandon Moore, from the Kingsguard, who turned on him.

As far as I remember, at least from the books, Cersei plotted to kill Tyrion during the battle. But I read a long time ago and didn't watch the whole episode.

Edited by Aolynthon

Really good episode.

No way is Tyrion dead. He sustained what looks like a non-lethal gash to the face. He was trampled by his own men in season 1 and that didn't kill him, a gash on the face won't either. I imagine Pod stayed with him after killing Ser Mandon (which was a pretty badass death, by the way)

Book spoilers regarding that ^^^^^:

Besides, it went down almost the same way it does in A Clash of Kings. Mandon made an attempt on Tyrion's life and Pod killed him for it, but Tyrion survived - though he lost his nose.

Have they mentioned how The Hound got his facial scars yet?