House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I accidentally clicked one of the spoilers in here.   Now I'm just how to see how our happens 

A funny thought I had regarding the battle between the Lannisters and the Dothraki. 

I get where Jaime was coming from when he lined up the archers to shoot Drogon and Daenerys, end the war, right then and there. Let's say they get lucky and kill Dany. 

There's still the small matter of the hundred thousand strong Dothraki Khallasar sitting outside King's Landing. 
Not killing her was a far better result, since they're on her leash. 

10 hours ago, Mick said:

A funny thought I had regarding the battle between the Lannisters and the Dothraki. 

I get where Jaime was coming from when he lined up the archers to shoot Drogon and Daenerys, end the war, right then and there. Let's say they get lucky and kill Dany. 

There's still the small matter of the hundred thousand strong Dothraki Khallasar sitting outside King's Landing. 
Not killing her was a far better result, since they're on her leash. 

Not really.  While Jaime doesn't know this, we know that when Khal Drogo died, the Dothraki split up and fought amongst themselves.  It would've been an advantage for Jaime to get them to weaken themselves

Wait..

They only showed The Night King killing one dragon, but they only showed one dragon with Danny after they fled..

1 hour ago, Lint said:

Wait..

Hide contents

They only showed The Night King killing one dragon, but they only showed one dragon with Danny after they fled..

Presumably Rhaegel is okay :shifty: 

Random thought concerning the Army of the Dead:

How come nobody's brought up Wildfire? Seriously, if fire is that effective....

7 minutes ago, Mick said:

Reveal hidden contents

Random thought concerning the Army of the Dead:

Because

Only the pyromancers in King's Landing know how to make it.  But it'll probably be in one of th scrolls or books Sam took from the Citadel

Spoiler

On 7/27/2017 at 15:43, LL. said:

Just popping in here to say I think it'd be incredibly awesome if during the war with the white walkers, one of Daeny's dragons is killed and reanimated to be an ice dragon fighting for the white walkers. 

(H)

• Like 4

That was largely a "not for me" episode.

Spoiler

I'll say it right now: I'm just not interested in dragons and White Walkers. I feel that the narrative is really being rushed in favour of getting to the spectacular, high-budget action scenes, and it's never been more evident than in this episode. We've only got seven episodes after this, but it definitely feels to me as if the rapid-fire approach to the final showdown could be remedied by a slightly more gradual approach.

Also, where did the wights get the chains to pull Viserion out of the water? Was it the same place the Night King produced his magic ice javelin? Either way, that was one hell of a throw.

5 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Hide contents

IAlso, where did the wights get the chains to pull Viserion out of the water? Was it the same place the Night King produced his magic ice javelin? Either way, that was one hell of a throw.

Spoiler

They got it from the same magical place that Euron got all the material to build his fleet from, where Dany got all the foot to feed her entire army during the journey from Bravos to Westers and her handbook about how to tame dragons and where Jon Snow got all the tools and manpower to mine the Dragonglass. I imagine it's the Westeros branch of Home Depot or something like that.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 2

The Chains

Spoiler

There's a theory that the Night King is a time-travelling Bran (look at how similar their attires are) and is now in an everlasting time loop, so the Night King has seen all this before, knew the Dragons were coming and came prepared with the chains and the ice spears.

So real talk...

Spoiler

Why does the wall not have a moat around it if it's that simple to stop white walkers? :lol:

I joke of course, but it felt very silly. Even dumber is that the heroes apparently bad abundant fire but didn't think to make their moat bigger so they would have more time.

Tormund almost dying had me pleading with the Old Gods and the New.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

The Chains

Hide contents

There's a theory that the Night King is a time-travelling Bran (look at how similar their attires are) and is now in an everlasting time loop, so the Night King has seen all this before, knew the Dragons were coming and came prepared with the chains and the ice spears.

Spoiler

I seriously doubt that. Bran is emotionless, but the guy being turned into the Night King was a panicky mess.

RE: The chains - dude is a magic being created by wood fairies who can reach into the visions of people who can see all time, do we really need to question why he had chains?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Benji said:

So real talk...

Hide contents

Why does the wall not have a moat around it if it's that simple to stop white walkers? :lol:

I joke of course, but it felt very silly. Even dumber is that the heroes apparently bad abundant fire but didn't think to make their moat bigger so they would have more time.

Tormund almost dying had me pleading with the Old Gods and the New.

Spoiler

Right? When Thoros was hurt by that ice bear I figured hey, Thoros is gonna die, and that sucks because I like him, but as long as Tormund is okay.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  and then I thought for sure that he was about to die later and was like "aw, Tormund. :( he'll never get to make big beautiful babies with Brienne!" >_>

Re: the Night King theory stuff in Gazz's post

Spoiler

I'm not sure how much I like that. We've already got a very fantastical show about snow zombies and dragons (and now ice dragons) and a kid who can see everything, adding a time travel paradox into the mix seems almost like too much. It also seems kind of anti-climactic if the solution to "how do we get rid of these menacing snow zombies" is "kill that kid so he can't time travel anymore".