House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I think the issue with the reveal is that we all basically knew it already. They just needed some backdrop to the scene of Jon and Dany finally having sex. Nothing better than to confirm it as incest I suppose...

Anyway, I do think had the show run with the Young Griff storyline from the books the reveal of Jon as Aegon would have had a bit more gravity since Young Griff at the end of book 5 "reveals" himself to be Aegon. Obviously them not putting it in the show confirmed that he was in fact not Aegon, but it reasons he spends most of book 6 and causing a ruckus with Varys' help. Revealing that he is not Aegon, and the real Aegon has been under our noses all along, is a bit more of a dramatic reveal.

I knew Arya and Sansa were in on it the whole time. I'm not sure when it clicked but they put on a show to lure Baelish into a comfort zone. I was glad to see him dead, after years of skating by despite leaving a trail of dead in his wake.

Theon will get a neat, hopeful, redemption arc next season as he tries to rescue Yara. He's been such a complicated character and he said as much in his conversation with Jon in this episode. Battling inside his head between being a Greyjoy and being a Stark. For all the horrible things he's done he has been made to look like a victim of this awful world around him, which is nice in a show with so few sympathetic characters.

I am glad Jaime has turned to the goodish side. It's always felt like it was coming, and to see him finally leaving Cersei's side was good. I don't know who, or what, he brings north with him. Hard to convince the army to ride north to fight the undead when they can stay cozy in the south. Though I'm very confident the Golden Company's arrival with Euron won't go as smoothly as Cersei plans for it to. With Littlefinger out of the picture she's the last big death still to come, we all know she won't make it to the finish line but I can't wait to see how she meets her demise.

And that was the only way to finish the episode. I am taking it that the Night King, who had 3 ice spears at the battle in episode 6, has some power to know what is coming his way. It's why they never approached the Wall, despite lurking near it all this time, until he got the dragon. He was just biding his time.

I hope Tormund is okay.

Jon being a Targaryean is the best possible result for him. Now he can fuck Dany and make silver haired babies because the Targaryeans practice incest and now he can also fuck Sansa and make ginger haired babies because the Starks DON'T practice incest so now that he's not a Stark his dick is fair game. I wouldn't be surprised if next season is just about Jon trying to raise half a dozen kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeanDMan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Jon being a Targaryean is the best possible result for him. Now he can fuck Dany and make silver haired babies because the Targaryeans practice incest and now he can also fuck Sansa and make ginger haired babies because the Starks DON'T practice incest so now that he's not a Stark his dick is fair game. I wouldn't be surprised if next season is just about Jon trying to raise half a dozen kids.

He's still her cousin and that's still incest, though, right?

Edited by michgcs

Cousins wasn't incest in medieval times. See of Britain, the royal family.

3 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I took a chance and watched live since I figured it would just be talking and fighting and stuff

Hide contents

When Stansa called Arya into the hall I was really pissed. I was cursing how dumb she still was and then she pulled the shocking swerve and I was all :w00t:

But I still was worried. Dude can talk himself out of everything but then that fucker got his throat cut and I don't want to be weird but I screamed Yes! over and over and an uninformed observer might have thought I was having the best orgasm of my life. :blush: So glad he is finally dead.

The other stuff was interesting but it didn't compare to that moment for me

Seriously...

When she goes "Your charged with murder, treason": etc..."How to do you plead...Petyr" my feet were pounding on the floor, slapping my knees and going "YES YES YES YES!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeanDMan said:

Hide contents

Cousins wasn't incest in medieval times. See of Britain, the royal family.

Taken to it's logical extreme with King Carlos II of Spain. Look at this sexy beast: 

220px-Charles_II_(1670-80).jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gazz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

By annulling his marriage, it makes any children of that marriage illegitimate, therefore, when his marriage to Ellaria was annulled, there was no longer an 'Aegon Targaryan'.

Spoiler

The series hasn't made much out of the 'Prince that was promised' prophesy (aside from earlier seasons with Maester Aemon).

Book-wise though it made a lot of Prince Rhaegar believing  his son Aegon was 'the prince that was promised', so having him call his second-son Aegon may be a nice call-back  to that.

Not perfectly clear as to where the tower of joy sits alongside the sacking of Kings Landing at the end of Robert's rebellion: hard to work out whether news of Rhaegar's first 2 children dying would have reached Dorne at the time of Jon's birth. Maybe Rhaegar just liked the name, and wanted his son with Lyanna to have it?

One thing I will say with the final season only being 6 episodes I hope they take advantage of the limited amount of characters to do more scenes like they did tonight. Just long, involved scens. A complaint of early seasons is that so many scenes fly by and the actors don't get a chance to really get into a scene. Last night that was completely different, and I'd hope we get more of that. If they're gonna go all out with movie-length episodes then I'd expect both those long scenes as well as some epic battles.

Brilliant episode, I did enjoy it from start to finish, as I have this whole season pretty much. 

Spoiler

I disagree that the Jon = Aegon scene was a let down, if they'd been talking about it all season it would have felt forced and pointless. There's utterly no need for that, nor did we need all this further build-up when we've already had a long, looooong slow burn to the reveal at the end of S6. Remember this has brewed in the show since season 1's "The Kingsroad" when Ned sees Jon off to the Wall.

So much is in place for the epic final run now. Cersei betraying the truce, Jaime leaving her, Jon/Dany incest love, Tyrion's crumbling motivation, Theon's redemption, Sam at Winterfell, and of course the Army of the Dead finally making it beyond the wall. Can't wait. 

Spoiler

How fucking useless is Bran? He can see everything, everywhere from all time. Just have him either watching where the white walkers are as an early warning system or keep an eye on what Sersei is saying. But no, the most pressing matter here is finding out who someone's dad actually is. Two massive wars going on and he is acting like this is an episode of Jerry Springer.

Apart from that I enjoyed it.

59 minutes ago, Dwight K. Schrute said:

Brilliant episode, I did enjoy it from start to finish, as I have this whole season pretty much. 

Hide contents

I disagree that the Jon = Aegon scene was a let down, if they'd been talking about it all season it would have felt forced and pointless. There's utterly no need for that, nor did we need all this further build-up when we've already had a long, looooong slow burn to the reveal at the end of S6. Remember this has brewed in the show since season 1's "The Kingsroad" when Ned sees Jon off to the Wall.

So much is in place for the epic final run now. Cersei betraying the truce, Jaime leaving her, Jon/Dany incest love, Tyrion's crumbling motivation, Theon's redemption, Sam at Winterfell, and of course the Army of the Dead finally making it beyond the wall. Can't wait. 

Aren't you forgetting something?

• Like 1

Spoiler

I said a while ago that I thought Arya would kill Littlefinger by the finale, and even thought the Arya/Sansa feud was just a ploy by them to catch him and make him pay for all the crimes he committed, and then it happened perfectly.  Dude got right fucked and it was everything I ever wanted.

It was also super awesome to see pretty much every major player left all gather together in one scene.  I think only the 3 Starks, Sam, Beric, Gendry and Tormund were missing.  After seasons of everyone being all over the place we finally had most of them on screen together.

Spoiler

I'ma be pissed if Tormund died off-screen or something. I doubt it went down like that, but still. >_>

3 hours ago, Azazel said:
  Hide contents

I said a while ago that I thought Arya would kill Littlefinger by the finale, and even thought the Arya/Sansa feud was just a ploy by them to catch him and make him pay for all the crimes he committed, and then it happened perfectly.  Dude got right fucked and it was everything I ever wanted.

Spoiler

I liked that too. It could've happened much sooner though. Littlefinger has basically been doing fuck all since he dropped off Sansa at Winterfell to marry Ramsay. But it was still a great moment when it finally happened.

I hate how they got us to this moment though. The whole set-up was insulting and obnoxious.

Edited by Hellraiser