House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Tywinn Lannister is the king of badass.

Holy shit, that episode was awesome. Everything. The Hound was a massive badass throughout, even in crumbling. "Fuck the kings guard. Fuck the king. Fuck the city." And him looking after Sansza! What a lovely yet scary fellow. I wish she'd gone with him, I don't think he'd ever have hurt her. And MAN, I fucking wanted Joffrey to get killed so bad. We were so close to his death. SO CLOSE. I hope Tyrion is okay! I get the feeling he isn't dead yet. Though with Tywin turning up I think he's probably going to get snubbed any credit for the fight.

Anyone else find it not very obvious that the Tyrell forces switched sides? I just thought it was Tywin with reinforcements. Also holy shit, I was hoping Cersei would kill herself. She's such an awful bitch. Can't wait for next week.

I didn't realize that anyone had switched sides, no. Not until reading this thread. I'll have to go back and rewatch the episode.

EDIT: Also, one thing that bummed me out

There's no way Davos survived that wildfire explosion. I like Davos. :(

Have they mentioned how The Hound got his facial scars yet?

I believe Littlefinger explained it in an exposition monologue at the tournament last season.

I will have to re-watch the last 10 minutes or so...I also didn't realize anyone switched sides until

Tywinn showed up and was like "Surprise, bitches."

And didn't Sanzah go with The Hound? I thought she did...again, have to re-watch.

Have they mentioned how The Hound got his facial scars yet?

I believe Littlefinger explained it in an exposition monologue at the tournament last season.

In that case I guess it's understandable that people wouldn't remember. That's been a full year ago, but the explanation of the Hound's scars pretty much makes it understandable why he's afraid of fire.

I will have to re-watch the last 10 minutes or so...I also didn't realize anyone switched sides until

Tywinn showed up and was like "Surprise, bitches."

And didn't Sanzah go with The Hound? I thought she did...again, have to re-watch.

Nope. He leaves without her. She's also in the preview for next weeks episode talking to Littlefinger, so unless she does and gets caught or something, I don't think she does.

Also, re: Cersei

I love her. I'm glad she didn't kill herself because the show would be worse off without Lena Headey being awesome. Her monologue where she basically indirectly reveals to Sansa that when she was a kid she wanted what Arya wants was fucking brilliant as an unintentional slap in the face, and made Sansa being better at doing the duties expected of a queen than Cersei that much better and more fitting.

How to know that you were betrayed by House Tyrell:

It was the guy that Renly was having the sexy time with who unmasked with Tywin Lannister. So I guess that's how you tell. Also cool thing I didn't notice: the doll that Sansa picks up is the one that Ned gave her in the first series.

:crying: NEDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Littlefinger did indeed explain it, back when Loras (Knight of the flowers) fought The Mountain. I thought it was something to do with fire that caused his scars or something?

What an episode. So, so glad they never cut away from the battle because it was intense and it was filmed and directed perfectly. There were a few bits of confusion because we haven't really been exposed to the banners and such, so when I saw a white horse and a knight killing everyone, I actually thought it was Jamie on his white horse (Does he have a white horse? I think he does. I assume he's still with the (wo)man mountain >_>.

Oh and then I was horrified for a moment when I thought it was the little lannister boy who cersei fucks when Jamie's away. But finally I realised when Tywin strode in like the mighty warrior that he is and it was good that they had him side with the Lannisters because of Stannis killing Renly. Where the hell was the shadow though? Surely you'd bring that fucking thing with you when trying to take down King's Landing?

Tyrion isn't dead, there's just no way. It didn't really go very deep into him, so I'd be shocked if he died from it. Everyone rallying around him was great, I hope that the army sway towards Tyrion than Joffrey, but I suspect Tywin will be the big boss man since he has all the fucking money in the world.

Only bad news is, I guess we won't be getting Robb vs Joffrey just yet as next episode will probably be a cliffhanger with Jon Snow, some shit goes down in winterfell and Daenerys gets her dragons back.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

It was the guy that Renly was having the sexy time with who unmasked with Tywin Lannister. So I guess that's how you tell. Also cool thing I didn't notice: the doll that Sansa picks up is the one that Ned gave her in the first series.

I noticed the doll thing and was a little sad

:(

I love her. I'm glad she didn't kill herself because the show would be worse off without Lena Headey being awesome. Her monologue where she basically indirectly reveals to Sansa that when she was a kid she wanted what Arya wants was fucking brilliant as an unintentional slap in the face, and made Sansa being better at doing the duties expected of a queen than Cersei that much better and more fitting.

Oh I totally agree that Lena Headey is fantastic and plays the role wonderfully, but as a character, I can't wait for the day she gets what's coming to her.

Also how to know you were betrayed by House Tyrell and the biggest move you made prior to this came back to bite you in the ass;

I believe Loras was wearing Renly's armor, probably to fuck with the heads of Stannis + his forces. I definitely saw Renly's crown in the glimpses of the figure riding in on horseback.

Oh I totally agree that Lena Headey is fantastic and plays the role wonderfully, but as a character, I can't wait for the day she gets what's coming to her.

I'm in the same boat. She's a good actress but I want the Lannisters to be wiped out at some point before the war against the North occurs. Well, except Tyrion since he's epic. I'd keep Jamie around but he's a dodgy cunt and I don't trust him in any situation. Unless he goes off the rails when Cersei dies orsomething, I dunno. Just looking forward to the day when Joffrey's head is on a pike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn2l2_v6Ur8

I've had this on repeat for the past 20 minutes or so. >_> I've heard of The National before but never really listened to anything. Love that guy's voice.

Also how to know you were betrayed by House Tyrell and the biggest move you made prior to this came back to bite you in the ass;

I believe Loras was wearing Renly's armor, probably to fuck with the heads of Stannis + his forces. I definitely saw Renly's crown in the glimpses of the figure riding in on horseback.

Makes the fact that Renly was pretty cool and sadly got killed off worth it. The weird thing is I had NO IDEA who I was rooting for during this fight. Stannis is a badass but man, he's a dick and he's probably gone a bit too far over the deep end now. But on the other hand, Joffrey needs to die. But that would also mean the end of Tyrion! Damn this show.

Makes the fact that Renly was pretty cool and sadly got killed off worth it. The weird thing is I had NO IDEA who I was rooting for during this fight. Stannis is a badass but man, he's a dick and he's probably gone a bit too far over the deep end now. But on the other hand, Joffrey needs to die. But that would also mean the end of Tyrion! Damn this show.

I was rooting for the Lannisters. Their set of characters is more fascinating than Stannis', love Davos though I may. I hope he's somehow not dead but I sort of pegged him to die at the start of the season.

I was also conflicted. I dislike Stannis (even though he IS a badass) because he had Renly killed. But I dislike Joffery because...well, he's a fucking cunt.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sn2l2_v6Ur8

I've had this on repeat for the past 20 minutes or so. >_> I've heard of The National before but never really listened to anything. Love that guy's voice.

Unable to hear it without chills.

Future seasons + books spoilers

So, I've been thinking in how they will split the following book. I mean, there's three major events on SoS: the Red Wedding, Joffrey's wedding and Tyrion running away. If I'm not mistaken, the Red Wedding happens around the middle of the book, so it would close Season 3. Now, I'd say Season 4 would end with Tyrion running away. Therefore, Joffrey's wedding should happen midway through Season 4, right?

Edited by Aolynthon

Regarding the Kingsguard:

(trying to keep book spoilers to a minimum)

It's Ser Mandon Moore, who's been name-dropped a few times in the last few episodes. Unfortunately, we never do figure out why he tries to kill Tyrion. The common consensus is that it it was Littlefinger.

Cersei never claims credit for it (even in her own POVs), plus of the Kingsguard its Ser Meryn and Ser Boros who are the most closely affiliated to her.

Ser Mandon is from the Vale (same place as LF), and was brought in by Jon Arryn. Then again, he could have just have been really good friends with the knight Bronn killed back when Tyrion was there, so who knows?

Or it could have been Joffrey. *shrugs*