House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

So, I hear good things about Game of Thrones and would like to get into it. Perhaps someone will PM me with some details on how to go about watching it when you don't have HBO. :shifty:

I love my Game of Thrones blu-ray! Minus the way they have episodes split up (disk 1: episode 1 & 2, disk 2: 3-5, disk 3: 6, disk 4: 7-9, disk 5: 10............or something stupid like that).

Guest mr. potato head

Wow. Great ep.

Crazy awesome battles! Tyrion becomes a leader of men! Tywin does as Tywin is! And in the midst of it all, an unexpected day in the limelight for the Hound!

But yeah, poor Davos. :(. But that seems to be the way these things go, all the cool, sage third-stringers get killed off. We're down to pretty much just Jorah at this point!

Edited by mr. potato head

I haven't seen this episode. Is it really just the whole Battle at Blackwater Bay?

Also, Clash of Kings book spoilers, so like really, don't open if you haven't read the whole second book:

I wanted to talk about the writing of the book. I'm not really fond of some parts, particularly when he goes into details about dreams. I could just be imagining, but every dream written about adds nothing to the story, IMO. Well, except the green dreams and the dreams Bran had in GOT, of course. I absolutely hated the last POV for Tyrion in this book, for example, because a majority of it was just dreams, going on and on. I wanted to know what happened to him, and that took up about 2 pages only, yet that chapter dragged on forever because he was dreaming of this and that that had nothing to do with any actual events. Freaking hated that chapter.

Dunno, just something that really made it hard for me to finish those last remnants of that book.

Also, I'm right in thinking that there are Storm of Swords spoilers in the second season, right?

My favourite part was when the men started chanting "Half-Man" or whatever it was, in support of Tyrion. The look on his face was perfect acting from Dinklage, it carried all the emotion of a man who has been judged for years on his supposed shortcomings (pun terribly intended), and was now not just accepted by those same people, but was respected. Wonderful.

kYaDy.jpg

Also, they've announced a bunch of new characters who will start appearing next season via Entertainment Weekly, a couple of whom I even recognize!

"They include: Mance Rayder, Daario Naharis, Edmure Tully, Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish), Lady Selyse Florent, Shireen Baratheon (Stannis' daughter), Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns), Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr, Tormund Giantsbane, and Jojen and Meera Reed—though showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss say there will also be "a few others," until no working actor goes unemployed ever more."

Beri Dondarrion actually did show up in season one, though. Maybe they're recasting him? When I read the first book last fall I remember I really liked Brynden and was disappointed that he wasn't in season one, so I'm glad he's showing up next season.

• Like 2

Okay, so did season two end where A Clash of Kings ended and how much of it did they leave out? I'm not sure if I want to buy the book to follow up or not.