House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

After last week's amazing episode I was actually prepared for a letdown tonight. Happy to say that wasn't the case at all.

I don't know how I'll be able to avoid reading Book 3 for an entire year though...all it will take is one boring day and I won't be able to resist. I still have about half of the second book to read though.

Also, I can't decide which in the finale was the most shocking;

Luwin's death, Drogo's "return," or Ros suddenly turning into a character with actual motivations.

Great episode. Luwin!

:( That was heartbreaking. The Walkers at the end look fantastic. Jaqen H'ghar is brilliant. Looks like shit is gonna hit the fan with the Walkers and Dany now being huge threats. Gutted the season is over, but excited for the next one. Got book 1 to finish and 2 to start. So I can be kept busy at least.

You're all forgetting something!

Brienne of Tarth, ridiculously badass. Those Stark soldiers should've never recognized Jaime for their own good.

"Two quick.."

Does anyone else feel as though Pycelle gets overlooked as one of the series' most menacing characters? That scene in which he was standing over Tyrion as he awoke, casting aside his "weary old man" facade and speaking bluntly as a dangerous, vengeful schemer was as chilling as anything else I've seen in this show.

Edited by Bobfoc

Really liked this episode. I'd prefer to do the "Watch a season, then read the corresponding book" method of following the show, but I'm terrified of spoilers, so I'll probably do the 4 books I haven't read in the offseason. Especially since my sister has the books and is totally the spoiling type (She spoiled Neds death for my dad).

Very much hoping that Jaqen shows up again, and after a season of nothingness, the ending got me interested in Jon and Dany's stories again. Hopefully they start interacting with the mainland stories pretty soon.

Does anyone else feel as though Pycelle gets overlooked as one of the series' most menacing characters? That scene in which he was standing over Tyrion as he awoke, casting aside his "weary old man" facade and speaking bluntly as a dangerous, vengeful schemer was as chilling as anything else I've seen in this show.

I can't wait to find out what's going on with him.