Sign in to follow this  
hugobomb

Game of Thrones

"The fuck you doing here?"

Brilliant.

• Like 3

Yeah that was great....

I missed The Hound.

Also, it's nice to finally get some insight on what the fuck's been going on with Bran this entire time.

Also, I rather liked the touch with

Thoros singing "Rains of Castamere".

I am extremely unhappy that they wrote Strong Belwas out of the show. Book info on him in spoiler tag (book spoilers that the show is obviously decided to skip)

Strong Belwas was the bodyguard of Asten Whitebeard, an old man with ties to the Kingdoms that advised Dany and was later revealed to be Ser Barristan Selmy. Obviously in the show he was revealed right away so that plot isn't going to happen. Strong Belwas is the main part of my favorite chapter in the book and I'm very sad that it won't be happening in the show now. I liked him because he added much needed comedy into Dany's story because people just look at him as a fat oaf, not really realizing that Ser Barriastan, one of the best swordsman in the world hand picked him to be his guard.

I am happy that they are really letting Bronn be amazing in the show. He is great in the books but I think he is even better in the show. Sucks that there was no Varys in this episode either, because I sorely miss him.

I just watched the first episode of Season 3, and am waiting for them to show the next episode here tonight. But, if we're talking about comedy characters, I'm definitely missing Dolorous Edd. He's the funniest character of them all.

Also, I went and did what I shouldn't have done and read everything up till Dance With Dragons. I don't know whether this affected my viewing of this episode, but it didn't feel as HOLY SHIT as the first two seasons did :(

Also, book spoilers regarding Catelyn

I really fucking hate that we have Catelyn as a reanimated person. Felt a bit like jumping the shark.

Just watched last nights episode. I had completely forgotten how awesome the Queen of Thorns is. Also, I want Jeor Mormont to be my grandfather.

Good episode, but man, they definitely need to start doing episodes focusing on less characters starting next week. I love every story right now, but it's hard to get invested in each one when they only get about 5 minutes each.

I am actually surprised how invested i am in nearly everyone. They already managed to get this working in the past Seasons (Season 2 being prime here because more and more people got added) which not only shows you how great they translated the books into screenplays but also how astoundingly amazing the acting is from everyone - which is absolutely breathtaking if you consider how many young actors they have when you look at how terrible just having one can turn out in a movie or on other shows.

I am so happy this show not only exists exists but also has an audience thats big enough to keep it going.

So I started watching the show last year and after the end of Season 2, started reading the books and only stopped after I had finished the fifth one.

The problem is because I watched the show first and then read the books, everything I read was pictured in my head as being played on tv and now it's just one big blur of 'wait, did this actually happen in the tv series or is my mind making stuff up again?'.

A fair maiden in New Orleans is looking for a hard dose of Robb Stark lovin. Last week, an intense Game Of Thrones fan posted a Casual Encounter to Craigslist looking for someone to help her fulfill her elaborate Iron Throne-based fantasy. As she explains, she recently purchased one of those $30,000 Iron Throne replicas and is looking for someone to, well, conquer her on it. She writes:

"In my fantasy, I am Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, and Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms. After crossing the Narrow Sea and defeating the forces of Westeros, it is within my power and right to slay all of those who betrayed my family and denied me my rightful place for so many years. The most vile enemies of house Targaryen, House Stark and House Baratheon must pay the highest price. All of those who fought against the Mother of Dragons are slainall except one. When I come to Robb Stark, out eyes lock and something moves inside of me. I realize I need to have him, want him, and I can tell he is thinking the same. I order my guards to throw him in the dungeon and later that night, I have him brought to me, in the throne room. There, on the Iron Throne I've so recently won, I make wild and passionate love with him, repeatedly.

Holy shit, there are $30,000 Iron Throne replicas?

A fair maiden in New Orleans is looking for a hard dose of Robb Stark lovin. Last week, an intense Game Of Thrones fan posted a Casual Encounter to Craigslist looking for someone to help her fulfill her elaborate Iron Throne-based fantasy. As she explains, she recently purchased one of those $30,000 Iron Throne replicas and is looking for someone to, well, conquer her on it. She writes:

"In my fantasy, I am Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, and Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms. After crossing the Narrow Sea and defeating the forces of Westeros, it is within my power and right to slay all of those who betrayed my family and denied me my rightful place for so many years. The most vile enemies of house Targaryen, House Stark and House Baratheon must pay the highest price. All of those who fought against the Mother of Dragons are slainall except one. When I come to Robb Stark, out eyes lock and something moves inside of me. I realize I need to have him, want him, and I can tell he is thinking the same. I order my guards to throw him in the dungeon and later that night, I have him brought to me, in the throne room. There, on the Iron Throne I've so recently won, I make wild and passionate love with him, repeatedly.

Holy shit, there are $30,000 Iron Throne replicas?

I love that that's what you took away from that story.

• Like 3

Considering the throne is supposed to be made of swords...at least from a story-perspective, having sex on it would probably be quite painful.

Considering the throne is supposed to be made of swords...at least from a story-perspective, having sex on it would probably be quite painful.

Its common for the King to get cut by the throne a lot, and it is described as being extremely uncomfortable. Of course I doubt a replica would be sharp enough to cut a person.

I can't be the only one who thought there was something wrong with their TV at the end of tonights episode. Seriously haven't fucked with my TV that much thanks to a show since The Sopranos finale.

Awesome episode tonight, gonna have to watch it again tomorrow thanks to my friend Jack Daniels though.

Why would something be wrong with your TV if it cut the credits? If it was just black the entire time sure but the credits kinda made it obvious it was the end of the episode.

That said, what a way to end it!

Why would something be wrong with your TV if it cut the credits? If it was just black the entire time sure but the credits kinda made it obvious it was the end of the episode.

That said, what a way to end it!

Probably the choice in song.

I had forgotten about the song choice but still, credits rolling at around 9 should be quite the hint. Then again, his post clearly indicates he was drunk so that probably explains it the best.

It was actually the best episode of the season, so far - unsurprisingly, as now we're past all the "Remember this guy? Here's what he's doing now" stuff.

But yes, the song choice for the credits was very jarring.

But yes, the song choice for the credits was very jarring.

The original torrent I had for some reason ran it early. Fixed that :shifty:

Anyway,

Everybody give Jamie a hand!

Ok, I'm done :shifty:

The Blackfish and Vargo Hoat finally arrive!

Jamie is a really odd character because I know I shouldn't like him, but it gets harder and harder to not like him.