House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I take it those passages are coming up in book two or something - or much later? I'm over half through the first and have read nothing of note on Jon's mother.

Have you seen the show?

If so

There is a sequence shortly after Ned and Jaime have their fight in which Ned is recovering and has a flashback.

If you want to go further than I can but as I said it's one of those difficult things, some miss it before facepalming, some find it glaringly obvious and others think it's unrelated entirely. The general thought is that it's along the lines of the parentage and gives away a bit, another of the key parts of the theory though comes in the house of the undying.

That said, Thrilla appears to have missed the lot of it :shifty:

Edited by lanky316

That said, Thrilla appears to have missed the lot of it :shifty:

The big spoiler

L+R=J

okay

maybe not but given you said the series named after D I guessed not. There's a passage that highlights it with "is the song of ice and fire"

;)

I meant the book 'Dances with Dragons' not the series as a whole, it would be hard to have a dance with dragons without Daerneys.

Uh, okay. Given the book is pretty much named after the character I thought it would be obvious they're still alive.

Also, I have no idea what a snape or a dumbledoor is.

yeah, but you pretty much told me where the story is going to lead to. i've not even finished book one and i know where a big story is now going to end up books away now.

BOOK SPOILERS

I've finished Dances with Dragons now. All of the stories are interesting barring Daenerys', towards the end I was just skipping her chapters, the only interesting people she has around her are the one member of her Queensguard and Strong Belwas.

Dance with dragons spoilers

I dunno, I thought her story was pretty good, admittedly there were better, like Jon Snow's one. Oh, and Strong Belwas is Bron levels awesome.

No doubt, but the television show I assume is behind the books, so I don't really want to open a spoiler I think is based on stuff seen on the show to find out it's from the 6th book and takes all guessing out of it or whatever. Either that or spoilers need to be clearly marked as to what they refer to (like what Cymru has done a couple of posts up) so if you haven't read that far you don't read it. But he issue with that is that if you have read the books but not seen the show or vice versa you have no idea where they sit in comparison to one another.

Long story short and to avoid spoilers. A big difference between the books and the show is that in the books he can use vague descriptions to HINT at certain things that lets the reader create theories. In the show that is impossible to do.

A non-real example would be this. In the book we hear that a character named Jim (not real) is executed by a Lannister Lord. Later in the book an unrelated character runs into someone who has a very similar description to Jim. Some people might thing nothing of it, some people might start the theorize that Jim is alive the Lord lied to the Lannisters because he is secretly a Stark supporter.

The biggest example of major changes would be the House of the Undying. In the show its a character building moment for Daenerys, in the book it is a catalyst for many, many theories on the story.

Just finished book one.

Very much enjoyed it. Second one will be started soon. Can't wait to get beyond the TV series.

One of my favourite parts was;

Loved the passages where they all proclaimed Robb as King of the North. It was great in the show, but in the book it just felt epic and a real big moment.

I also read about the theory discussed earlier..

R+L=J. It's really interesting, definitely. Makes me wonder who knows and how it would be openly revealed. And of course then what it means to the landscape of Westeros if it is true and does come out.

Loved the passages where they all proclaimed Robb as King of the North. It was great in the show, but in the book it just felt epic and a real big moment.

I also read about the theory discussed earlier..

R+L=J. It's really interesting, definitely. Makes me wonder who knows and how it would be openly revealed. And of course then what it means to the landscape of Westeros if it is true and does come out.

Major theory discussion thing!

Howland Reed was with Eddard at the Tower of Joy. Since you are only about to start book 2 I'll stop there.