House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I know :( Listening to my friends a few weeks ago going "Oh my God, how could she have traded her dragon?! That's insane!" and not being able to be as awed as them was horrible.

I've not read the books, but I'm surprised that anyone thought Dany was actually going to give away one of her dragons. There was only one way that was ever gonna end.

It is Thoros' weapon, but I think that he did use the fire sword in the book, because it snapped in half right? I think so anyways.

Short Answer, Thoros does set Beric's sword on fire in the book as well.

Longer Answer: Thoros lost his faith in being a Red Priest when he could not convert Aerys II. He stuck around Westeros though and became friends with Robert. He would enter Melee's and use wildfire on his swords to scare his opponents horses. Three times he defeated Sandor Clegane this way. Gendry doesn't like Thoros at first because he destroyed many swords his master worked hard to build with his fire. He lost a Melee once simply because a common mace smashed his sword after the wildfire weakened it.

When Beric was killed by Gregor Clegane, Thoros began to get his faith back and breath life back into him, see things in the flames, etc. He was also able to create fire from blood and set Lord Beric's sword on fire without the aid of wildfire. However, the fire damaged the sword enough that Sandor was able to cleave it in two, as well as nearly cleaving Lord Beric in two as well.

Bonus fact: At the Tournament of the Hand for Eddard, Sandor Clegane won the joust. Thoros won the Melee. Anguy (the archer with Thoros) won the archery competition. Thoros also defeated Lord Beric in the joust. The money Sandor won in the tournament was stolen by the brotherhood, and it is what he wanted back from them.

Lately I've been really tempted to go through the entire show again and do write ups to provide extra information from the books to people who only watch the show in a non-spoiler way. I know a lot of people just watch the show, and while it is extremely loyal to the books, and when it isn't it goes back in a round about way that is usually easier for tv, a lot of the background information just cannot be there.

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 1

It is Thoros' weapon, but I think that he did use the fire sword in the book, because it snapped in half right? I think so anyways.

Short Answer, Thoros does set Beric's sword on fire in the book as well.

Longer Answer: Thoros lost his faith in being a Red Priest when he could not convert Aerys II. He stuck around Westeros though and became friends with Robert. He would enter Melee's and use wildfire on his swords to scare his opponents horses. Three times he defeated Sandor Clegane this way. Gendry doesn't like Thoros at first because he destroyed many swords his master worked hard to build with his fire. He lost a Melee once simply because a common mace smashed his sword after the wildfire weakened it.

When Beric was killed by Gregor Clegane, Thoros began to get his faith back and breath life back into him, see things in the flames, etc. He was also able to create fire from blood and set Lord Beric's sword on fire without the aid of wildfire. However, the fire damaged the sword enough that Sandor was able to cleave it in two, as well as nearly cleaving Lord Beric in two as well.

Bonus fact: At the Tournament of the Hand for Eddard, Sandor Clegane won the joust. Thoros won the Melee. Anguy (the archer with Thoros) won the archery competition. Thoros also defeated Lord Beric in the joust. The money Sandor won in the tournament was stolen by the brotherhood, and it is what he wanted back from them.

Lately I've been really tempted to go through the entire show again and do write ups to provide extra information from the books to people who only watch the show in a non-spoiler way. I know a lot of people just watch the show, and while it is extremely loyal to the books, and when it isn't it goes back in a round about way that is usually easier for tv, a lot of the background information just cannot be there.

I think is a really cool idea!

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR HAVING CHARACTER MOTIVATIONS OUT OF NOWHERE, ROS :(

Also, the deliberately awful small talk between Sansa and Loras was hysterical, especially in direct juxtaposition with probably the two must cunning people in King's Landing in Tywin and Oleanna matching wits like two scenes before.

• Like 5

I loved how Joffrey was probably sitting with one leg up while using his crossbow on Ros.

Also, Thoros and Melissandre in High Valyrian, Tywin versus Oleanna and Cersei and Tyrion again were fantastic. Ooh, and Sam singing in the beginning was great, too. Was really surprised that Melissandre captured Gendry, too.

Actually, the most boring part was the wall climbing :P

I really think they should have ended the episode with Littlefingers speech and Sansa's reaction instead of Snow/Ygritte on the wall kissing. It made for a great visual but it just wasn't nearly as impactful as that speech. Seriously gave me chills. Aiden Gillen deserves an award for that performance.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Littlefinger stuff was a lot more powerful than the wall climbing, but I dunno, I thought it was done well, I was tense. I've grown to like Ygritte, though I should've known that wouldn't have been a horrible enough end of for Martin's tastes.

She's going to get raped or mutilated, isn't she? :(

I didn't even realised it was Ros until I read in here. She's just kind of been "that background character that Tyrion has sex with and who I forget is a regular character until someone mentions her name" to me >_>

Also, I'm starting to dislike Robb. He ignores every piece of advice that anyone gives him, and he's basically been an utter dick to his entire family.

• Like 1