House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I agree that he is pretty much a huge piece of shit, but he did it to impress the father that was taken away from him at the age of 9. Its not by any means an excuse but the guy WAS technically a prisoner of these people half his life, despite the fact that he was treated like he was a part of the family. Last season, I was more inclined to hate the shit out of Theon just like you, but after hearing his heart filled confession a couple episodes back about who his real father was I can't help but feel a bit bad for him.

I doubt it has anything to do with him being loved though, it has more to do with the horrible torture he is being put through. People, including myself, don't want to be subjected to viewing someone being tortured, no matter who the individual is. The show is doing a great job of making people feel sorry for him, something the book hasn't been able to do for me whatsoever.

The same can be said for Jaime, and do you hate him? At this point I don't think there are many people who CAN hate him. This was a seriously awesome episode though. Not as good as Blackwater last year but on par with The Pointy End, I love when GRRM writes an episode, always so much content.

Yeah, people sure do love forgiving people who've murdered /attempted to murder children.

Next we'll all be on Karstark's side because his sons were killed by Lannisters.

• Like 1

I'm on Tywin Lannister's side and he exterminated two entire families.

The man is a stone badass. Even Kings squirm under his gaze.

I agree that he is pretty much a huge piece of shit, but he did it to impress the father that was taken away from him at the age of 9. Its not by any means an excuse but the guy WAS technically a prisoner of these people half his life, despite the fact that he was treated like he was a part of the family. Last season, I was more inclined to hate the shit out of Theon just like you, but after hearing his heart filled confession a couple episodes back about who his real father was I can't help but feel a bit bad for him.

I doubt it has anything to do with him being loved though, it has more to do with the horrible torture he is being put through. People, including myself, don't want to be subjected to viewing someone being tortured, no matter who the individual is. The show is doing a great job of making people feel sorry for him, something the book hasn't been able to do for me whatsoever.

The same can be said for Jaime, and do you hate him? At this point I don't think there are many people who CAN hate him. This was a seriously awesome episode though. Not as good as Blackwater last year but on par with The Pointy End, I love when GRRM writes an episode, always so much content.

Yeah, people sure do love forgiving people who've murdered /attempted to murder children.

Next we'll all be on Karstark's side because his sons were killed by Lannisters.

Nah, unlike the previous two he's an ugly old man not a pretty, young and white one. Big difference pal!

Nah, unlike the previous two he's an ugly old man not a pretty, young and white one. Big difference pal!

It just shows how screen works compared to words. It doesn't matter that this is pretty much identical to his torture in those (although I know a lot of people were swayed by his actions, meaning they even looked positively on him last series in the tv show....) it has a much stronger effect when you watch it.

Not on me though, keep it coming.

<p>Apparently he's in The Misfits, but I'm not a fan so I wouldn't know. His scenes are always great, always filled with dread.&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Just watched the previews for next week and realised wwe only have three more. I'm screwed until August when Breaking Bad returns.</p>

Is Baddars last name Tsch?

It's a thing from when I was mod and changed his name. It's like the drum roll you get after a joke "Ba-dum-tsch", but since he was Baddar, it was "Badd-um-tsch".

Also, yeah, watch Misfits. It gets worse in the latest two seasons, but the first two are gold.

That look on his face when he filled the cup to the rim and smiled at Sansa made laugh loud enough to scare my sleeping dog. Great episode. Glad they decided to focus on just three stories instead of jamming everyone in.

That ending was everything I wanted from it. Despite the small change, it was exactly how I thought the confrontation would look when I read it.

You're going to shit your pants when you realise who Gendry is...

I worked that out straight away.

Just waiting for Effy to show up at some point.