House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Arya fucking Stark.

Best part of the episode!

I agree!

And I thought the episode was fairly flat beyond that scene. Nothing terrible, I still enjoyed it, but not what I'd consider season finale-worthy. Like, the big bombshell was the spreading of knowledge that the viewer has known since, what? The first episode?

Arya fucking Stark.

Best part of the episode!

I agree!

And I thought the episode was fairly flat beyond that scene. Nothing terrible, I still enjoyed it, but not what I'd consider season finale-worthy. Like, the big bombshell was the spreading of knowledge that the viewer has known since, what? The first episode?

I think it fell victim to two major things: the first being that there was really no upping the ante following the Red Wedding without potentially messing up the order of events in the book, and the second being that this season was covering half of a book instead of a whole one.

That said, I didn't mind this episode. It set up a lot of storylines (though arguably season finales should always tie up more stories than they loosen up), so next season will hopefully kick off fucking massively.

Honestly, it's how HBO shows often work. The big bombshell episode is second or third from last. The last episode is picking up the pieces and moving forward.

• Like 2

Honestly, it's how HBO shows often work. The big bombshell episode is second or third from last. The last episode is picking up the pieces and moving forward.

This. Game of Thrones has even done it themselves in Season 1 when Ned died in the second to last episode of the season.

I thought it was pretty good and definitely sets everything up for next season.

I liked this episode. Much better than I was expecting an episode following the red wedding to be.

The final scene though, not a fan of it at all, so corny.

Episode Spoiler

Dany's streak has got to end sometime. Surely?

I was really hoping that

We'd get to see Grey Wind sewn to Robb, not just hear about it. :(
EDIT: Wait, apparently they did show it. I guess I must've not been paying attention?

EDIT: Also, Davos is great.

This. Game of Thrones has even done it themselves in Season 1 when Ned died in the second to last episode of the season.

Episode 9 is were the lanisters win. Its been like it in every Season. :D

The conclusion could have had a little more littlefinger. Same goes for Jamies return which should have a big impact considering that his affair with his sister more or less set everything we are watching in motion. Margery had a sad lack of screentime in the past weeks aswell. - On the other Hand more time to Torture Theon. No idea why his sister gave a shit, they meet each other once and he put his hands down her pants. >_>

The Dany stuff gets on my (even our - we just start booring the tv here when her story starts each week, it´s such a kitch fest :D) nerve more each week. The way this show treats clishes she has to bite the dust at some point just to mess with people that fall for it. I will be very happy once that happens.

I am not sure why Tyrion got as upset with his father as he did. Obviusly he knows it´s bad news for sansa, but his father just pulled another great move and is all in the right. You rarely see Tyrion loosing sight for the bigger picture like that - on the other hand the past weeks have been messing with him fairly bad.

Aria still wins. I will be so sad if she dies someday (which issent unlikely with all of her revenge planes and the decrease in health the Stark famelie suffers from)... i actualy could see her becomming queen with the bastard King in many years down the road just because she is awsome and i want it to happen.

On the other hand Joffrey is brilliant. I will be a sad little puppy if the day comes were Aria dies right when killing him. >_> The actor is great as well, have you seen the joy on his face when i talked about serving Robs Head to Sansa? It must be so much fun to play this character. :D

I liked it just fine. I was expecting something I know happens in the books but I'm glad they are saving it for the next season and used this episode to tie everything else up.

I liked this episode. Much better than I was expecting an episode following the red wedding to be.

The final scene though, not a fan of it at all, so corny.

Episode Spoiler

Dany's streak has got to end sometime. Surely?

The way GRRM works, she'll basically have the crown above her head, and someone will kill her <_<

Not seen the latest episode, but having caught up to last week's from the beginning of season 2 due to the Twitter spazz-out, I'm pretty disappointed. It just seems they ran out of ideas and just thought "hey, let's kill everyone!" Doesn't seem much point investing my time further.