House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Hold on a second?

Isn't the bear dead as well?

You mean The Mountain? I think he's dead. Clearly it should be called a draw....

....but the Mountain clearly won that fight, even if he does die.

Also! Sansa! Holy crap, totally joining Team Little Finger there. She looked totally different at the end.

Man.

Since I read the books, I've been waiting for that scene. One of my absolute favorite moments in the books, it accomplished everything it needs to perfectly.

I kept an eye on the running time of the episode for this one and got a bit annoyed when we only had 10 minutes left for it.

10 minutes was clearly all they needed.

:crying:

I loved Oberyn in the books - I adored him even more in the show. Pedro Pascal was just amazing casting, his presence is going to be missed. Such a fantastic character brought to live beautifully. It made it even harder to watch. The perfect part of it was that they kept the scene entact entirely - it didn't need any editing. Every line uttered there was straight out of the books.

"Did they tell you who I am?"

"Some dead man."

"Eli Martell of Dorne. You raped her. You killed her. You murdered her children!"

Perfection. The delivery was spot on, starting with the cockiness and then building to the rage.

Ugh. Such a sick ending. I knew it was coming and it broke my heart. So disturbing, The Mountain was fantastic. "I raped her, I killed her children... then I bashed her head in, like this!".

Fantastic. There's no justice in this world, Oberyn. :(

Otherwise, holy shit does anyone care about the Grey Worm romance story? So many interesting characters cut and with less time, I have no idea why they're giving more to this boring subplot. It was nice to see the Jorah betrayal happen, it needed to soon otherwise he'll be around for a bunch of stuff that he shouldn't be! I think that's the last we'll see of him now until Season 5. Otherwise yeah, the Sansa transformation into Littlefinger 2.0 was well done - I have almost no idea where they go from here with those two, though. I'm pretty sure they're now caught up on the books with their story!

Curious as to where The Hound/Arya go from here.

• Like 1

grrm.jpg

Also, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

• Like 5

Shut up.

Missandei's bathing scene, minus Dany! Oberyn's horrific death! Jorah's betrayal, revealed!

Pedro Pascal was a pretty fantastic Oberyn and that whole battle was great. Was wondering if it'd be just as violent as it was in the book, and holy shit was it ever. Sophie Turner was pretty great as well, and so was Peter Dinklage when he gave Tyrion's little speech about Orson and the beetles. Bunch of really fantastic performances in this episode.

I wonder if the next episode's going to be entirely at Castle Black, or if (book spoilers beloooow!)

They'll spend maybe 5 or 10 minutes at King's Landing to explain Oberyn's poisoned spear and the Mountain's slow death from poison?

Guys, guys, guys

"You're going to fight that?"

"I'm going to fight that (H) " :w00t::w00t::w00t:

"Today is not the day I die" :(

Man, I will admit to being the guy who read the books and honestly still bought their scene that Oberyn would live, which I hoped would happen since someone on here mentioned it. Silly me, I knew he couldn't. Pedro Pascal deserves an Emmy.

Sophie Turner was unbelievable, she deserves an Emmy.

Really anxious to see what happens with Arya and the Hound now. Maisie Williams' burst out laughter was awesome, she deserves an Emmy.

Peter Dinklage deserves his Emmy that he's probably getting.

Jorah's betrayal finally comes to light. Awesome. Not so awesome is Missandei and Grey Worm being boring as fuck. Daenerys was awesome as well, though, Emilia Clarke deserves an Emmy.

I wanted like an hour long of that trial by combat.

In short, this show deserves all the awards.

Guys, guys, guys

"You're going to fight that?"

"I'm going to fight that (H) " :w00t::w00t::w00t:

"Today is not the day I die" :(

Man, I will admit to being the guy who read the books and honestly still bought their scene that Oberyn would live, which I hoped would happen since someone on here mentioned it. Silly me, I knew he couldn't. Pedro Pascal deserves an Emmy.

Sophie Turner was unbelievable, she deserves an Emmy.

Really anxious to see what happens with Arya and the Hound now. Maisie Williams' burst out laughter was awesome, she deserves an Emmy.

Peter Dinklage deserves his Emmy that he's probably getting.

Jorah's betrayal finally comes to light. Awesome. Not so awesome is Missandei and Grey Worm being boring as fuck. Daenerys was awesome as well, though, Emilia Clarke deserves an Emmy.

I wanted like an hour long of that trial by combat.

In short, this show deserves all the awards.

"I'm going to KILL that.

(H) " ***

• Like 3

Oberyn reminded me of a more bad ass Inigo Montoya in that episode.

Man, I love Oberyn but Inigo is still the man. Inigo wouldn't pull that shit.

• Like 2

No, it's an award. Like a thing someone would want.

I thought no one wanted emmys and were forced to take them.

See what I did there

:pervert:

Lukie, I like you, but fucking stop it. It stopped being funny/was never funny.

I am going to miss Ser Jorah for the rest of the season. He was one of the best parts in that story

:(

Arya's laugh? Hilarious. Although....she's so close to her sister (again...what the hell are they doing with Sansa?! I must know!). I don't think two Stark's are allowed to be in the same room anymore. Bad things happen.

• Like 1