House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I've read past this part in the books. I knew it was coming. I knew it was going to happen. But seeing it ... man. That feeling in my stomach that makes me really angry about an injustice, I don't think I've ever had that feeling over something fictional. It is amazing. I think the worst bit is seeing Oberyn going out helpless and screaming seconds after being a bad motherfucker and slicing the Mountain up.

I hope The Mountain slowly dying from his wounds makes it to TV. I want to see that man die in the most pathetic way possible. If Oberyn gets smashed like a beetle, all I want of the Mountain is for him to dry up and leave his husk behind.

My god was that death brutal. It was such a heart wrenching moment going from Oberyn being this "holy shit, get a load of this guy saving good ole Tyrion" to his chicklets getting blasted all over the pavement. And those fingers to the eyes? What in the bloody fuck was that? That was some dark shit right there. I hope they don't kill off Tyrion.

Arya's laugh was awesome, loved that bit. I hope we get to keep seeing the tag team of Arya and the Hound because I for one LOVE it.

I'm over the Theon Greyjoy shit. Reek is such a demeaning name though and I love it.

Sansa joining Little Finger was unsuspected as hell, but I loved it. It's like someone else is looking to throw their name into the ring in hopes of becoming the eventual king.

No Bran again. I should go back on what I said a few weeks ago. I want to see this story develop just because it's been going since season one. The crow with the three eyes - we get it. Now can we just eventually get to the finish so we can see some other shit?

The ending of this episode crushed my soul and left me completely dead inside.

I don't even think that the red wedding shattered my soul like this. Such a poignant and soul-shattering ending to an episode.

Dinklage deserves an emmy for the entire season... But Pascal deserves one for that episode alone.

Now I need to go sit in a corner and cry profusely...

• Like 1

Yeah, I get the feeling we're gonna see a lot of people who knew the result ahead of time going "I knew that was going to happen, I just didn't think it'd be that horrifying..."

Pretty much this! At the end there, I was literally shaking, just wow.

As for the Grey Worm thing-

I have no problem with the relationship thing, makes a change from scenes of backstabbing, literally and metaphorically.

• Like 1

book spoilers:

Anyone else getting a bit worried that they won't debut Lady Stoneheart at the end of this season? I was sure they would, but post-Battle at Castle Black, there's

a lot to cover in episode 10. The Tyrion/Tywin/Shae bit, the fallout of Stannis and the Nights Watch, whatever's going to happen with Arya/Hound, the goat herders child, Children of the Forest (which we know is happening)... just doesn't seem like 50 minutes is enough to cover all that.

They could easily (and do) move things around to fit the show. I'm not too worried about it. They could easily put off doing any more of the Arya/Hound story and move that to season 5, for example, and it wouldn't be too out of place because they've pulled the same sort of thing before.

My guess about the ending:

Jamie calls bullshit on Tywin, as there is NO WAY you can declare the Mountain the winner except by technicality, even though he killed Oberyn. Oberyn clearly had him beaten, and the Mountain only won because Oberyn dropped his guard while trying to get a confession.

And I don't like where they're heading with Daenerys. She's clearly turning into a stone cold bitch, if not outright evil.

Also....(Book spoiler, so you may want to avoid):

I don't know which thing can't happen fast enough: Tywin dying Elvis style thanks to Tyrion, or Lady Stoneheart showing up.