House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

My guess about the ending:

Jamie calls bullshit on Tywin, as there is NO WAY you can declare the Mountain the winner except by technicality, even though he killed Oberyn. Oberyn clearly had him beaten, and the Mountain only won because Oberyn dropped his guard while trying to get a confession.

And I don't like where they're heading with Daenerys. She's clearly turning into a stone cold bitch, if not outright evil.

Also....(Book spoiler, so you may want to avoid):

I don't know which thing can't happen fast enough: Tywin dying Elvis style thanks to Tyrion, or Lady Stoneheart showing up.

Right, because that's how fights to the death work.

• Like 2

Spoilers for latest episode, not books.

Sansa's 'confession' scene was like a Pokemon evolution as she seemed to gradually grow from scared little girl to assertive manipulator over the course of a few brilliant moments. The bit in the video above was a nice after-effect shot that demonstrated her new, evolved form, and Littlefinger's reaction sold the whole process fantastically.

It's funny in hindsight that I compared the Oberyn/Mountain showdown to a wrestling angle. Oberyn's heart-over-head mentality that manifested itself before he had finished the job was like a heel taunted a supposedly fallen adversary, only to lose via a quick roll-up. That's if you replace "roll-up" with "Head Exploding Vise Grip", obviously.

• Like 2

My guess about the ending:

Jamie calls bullshit on Tywin, as there is NO WAY you can declare the Mountain the winner except by technicality, even though he killed Oberyn. Oberyn clearly had him beaten, and the Mountain only won because Oberyn dropped his guard while trying to get a confession.

And I don't like where they're heading with Daenerys. She's clearly turning into a stone cold bitch, if not outright evil.

Also....(Book spoiler, so you may want to avoid):

I don't know which thing can't happen fast enough: Tywin dying Elvis style thanks to Tyrion, or Lady Stoneheart showing up.

Replying to the second spoiler.

I see Tywin dying Elvis style thanks to Tyrion has the ending to next week's show and Lady Stoneheart showing up as the last scene without an explanation to keep people talking.

Show predictions:

Abandon hope for a last minute Tyrion save, this show threw that trope out the window when Ned Stark's head was removed from his shoulders. It ain't 24 where the cliffhanger is resolved in the next hour, Tyrion almost has to die at this point, it's the world the show has created.

I do not want to lose Peter Dinklage, but it's over for Tyrion. Any hope for a happy ending for him died when Lady Shae sold out.

Maybe you should stop saying out loud who you like. Put me in the "Knew what was coming, but Holy Hell was that sad/depressing/perfectly done" category. I can honestly say that I have a mancrush on Pablo Pascal, though.

His name is Pedro. Not much of a man crush if you don't know his name :/

Wha'? Where's this coming from? She's sent a guy away who spied on her, betrayed her, and nearly cost both her and her unborn child their lives. Not only did he betray them, he did it on behalf of the man who fought against and killed (by proxy) her father and cost her her birthright.
How is that bitchy, let alone evil?
Also, next week is episode nine, the dreaded "not the finale finale" that the show always does, so I'm expecting major things, whether that includes Tyrions death is another question, but whilst my hope is non-existent, my expectation is that there's life left in the imp yet.

The Jorah scenes made me feel sad. He's done some bad things and probably should have come clean about them, but he also comes across as a reasonably kind-hearted man, at least when compared with most of the other characters on the show. He was the first to counsel Daenerys on the value of merciful punishment, which probably helped spare his life when she found about his previous betrayal. Given that her track record includes condemning a woman who had had seen her friends and family slaughtered and who had been raped three times by the Dothraki army to be burned at the stake, imprisoning Doreah in a vault to presumably starve to death and crucifying hundreds of slave masters in an "eye for an eye"-style punishment, I'd say Jorah got off rather lightly.

"Evil" is a subjective time in any context, but especially in Game of Thrones, a show in which everyone has a fundamental flaw to speak of. I don't see Daenerys as being evil because, for the most part, she's a champion of the downtrodden, liberator of slaves and whatnot, and she's always appeared to treat her loyal followers with respect, which is more than you can say about someone like Robert Baratheon, a supposedly "good" character. Her downside is that she's out-and-out ruthless when it comes to dealing with the people who cross her. Where Ned Stark might have had a disloyal subject beheaded in a swift, 'clean' fashion, Daenerys would make damn sure they suffered for their misconduct.

Wha'? Where's this coming from? She's sent a guy away who spied on her, betrayed her, and nearly cost both her and her unborn child their lives. Not only did he betray them, he did it on behalf of the man who fought against and killed (by proxy) her father and cost her her birthright.
How is that bitchy, let alone evil?
Also, next week is episode nine, the dreaded "not the finale finale" that the show always does, so I'm expecting major things, whether that includes Tyrions death is another question, but whilst my hope is non-existent, my expectation is that there's life left in the imp yet.

Some things that happened in previous episode 9's:

First season- Ned Stark loses his head

Second season- The Battle of Blackwater

Third season- Red Wedding

Fourth season- SADNESS AND ANGER PROBABLY

I've been dreading (but also really excited for) episode 9 ever since I realized this trend.

Anyone hoping for the aftermath of this week's episode may be disappointed, I read somewhere that Episode 9 will solely be the Battle of Castle Black up at The Wall, similar to how Season 2's ninth episode was solely the Battle of the Blackwater; so no fallout from the trial until Episode 10 if it's true.

Anyone hoping for the aftermath of this week's episode may be disappointed, I read somewhere that Episode 9 will solely be the Battle of Castle Black up at The Wall, similar to how Season 2's ninth episode was solely the Battle of the Blackwater; so no fallout from the trial until Episode 10 if it's true.

I wouldn't call that a disappointment if true!

I meant in the sense that people will want to know what happens to Tyrion and

Book Spoilers

Tywin's death and Lady Stoneheart are likely still to come this season, so people will still have to wait.

Personally, I'm hyped as fuck for the Battle of Castle Black.

• Like 1