House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I wouldn't be surprised if Ned is actually dead.

He's 100% dead. Producers have confirmed it and Sean Bean's taken a role on an ABC show. Seriously, HBO has balls of steel for letting it go like this. Even if I read the books and knew this was going to happen, I would've thought they'd change some stuff around to keep him alive for the show.

But seriously, a huge "LOL" to the outraged internet trolls who say they only watched the show for Bean. Seriously, who the hell watches a show like this for one person? It's a massive show with so many stories being told at once, I have no idea how anyone could tolerate it if they're only watching for the one guy's story. Which arguably isn't even the most interesting one.

You wait till Tyrion dies*... :shifty:

*This is a joke, I have no idea if he actually does or not at any point. If he does, that will suck copious amounts of balls.

Unbelievable. That final few minutes was simply outstanding and I'm still in utter shock that they killed him off. Seriously, I think that's one of the most shocking surprises I've ever actually seen on television. Never see that one coming, I'm absolutely gutted, but things like this is what makes this show fantastic.

And I don't care how long it takes, the day Joffrey gets fucked up will be the day I celebrate, the evil bastard :angry:

I half expected a raven to show up at the last second with news Jaime had been captured, thus staying the execution. I was certain Eddard died in the books, but I never thought HBO would pull the trigger in season 1. Bravo. A well deserved death for Ned really.

Though, it really shows that despite his genetics Joffrey IS Robert's son, when EVERY schemer in all of King's Landing rushes him trying to stop everything from going straight to hell.

Joffrey is pretty much Robert minus the soldiery gruffness and any sense of earning his position, and his first true act as king shows us that he wont be easily controlled. I look at him and I don't really see the horror everyone else seems to. I hold sympathy for the boy, he's a product of his environment and if he had his father's skill with a sword, or even a small percentage of his mother and dwarf uncle's wit I may view him as an uber baddie.

He's not. He's a spoiled brat, who truly believes he's the son of the king, who has Robert's entitlment and strategic forethought. He's an older Sweet Robin without the creepy breast feeding and some add sociopathy.

If Joffrey had a guiding influence like his uncle, or little finger, or Jorah, or hell even another impatient self-entitled brat like Viserys (to give him perspective) he might grow into a fit king. If Ned had swallowed his pride and acted as Joffrey's moral compass when he could have, he might have even developed into a decent person or atleast one with twinges of humanity.

But surrounded with toadies and yes man, with his grandfather doting over him, I can't see him developing into anything but Viserys with a throne.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ned is actually dead.

He's 100% dead. Producers have confirmed it and Sean Bean's taken a role on an ABC show. Seriously, HBO has balls of steel for letting it go like this. Even if I read the books and knew this was going to happen, I would've thought they'd change some stuff around to keep him alive for the show.

I think it´s a big part of this shows qualety. They established that everyone or everything can die no matter how important they seem (this is like the thrid big death? In just nine episodes...), the cast, the amount of characters and writing are good enough to carry every loose and the emotional ride for the viewer ist much bigger if you never know whats going to happen...

For all we know the whole Kahl saga might die and turn 175,6 degrees.

Well that was certainly surprising. I like when shows have the balls to off a main character, even though it probably happened in the book first. Too many shows put their characters in life or death situations and have them come out ahead every time. For once, its nice to see the sword actually come down.

Well that was certainly surprising. I like when shows have the balls to off a main character, even though it probably happened in the book first. Too many shows put their characters in life or death situations and have them come out ahead every time. For once, its nice to see the sword actually come down.

This.

It's especially amusing how (on other forums) the same people who make fun of Sansa's fairy-tale naivety are protesting about Ned's death.

Great show, i love how they are not afraid to kill anyone of and i love how Magic issent omnipresent...

Ditto. The entire joy of the concept of magic is that it's mysterious and not understandable. The fact we didn't see the actual blood magic being performed as well keeps alive that air of mystery.

That's the first thing that hit when I first started watching; nothing has been tucked in or censored, they just don't care whether they decapitate a horse or a man or anything.

For an american show i was more surprised about how openly sexual it is. But yeah, it´s bloody aswell, but not in a gorry way...

I think what frustrates me about Joffrey is in this entire cast of fascinating, complex characters you have this snotty little douche who, if he were old enough to grow facial hair, would have a mustache to twirl. Even Viserys Targaryen had some depth to him.

I think thats what they want you to think. Joffrey is a snotty little douche that has gotten everything his whole life and does whatever he wants. He's basically like that weird kid from the vaille but older and without the creepy breastfeeding.

And as for the season finale...holy fuck. That's about all that needs to be said I guess.