House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

And the focus of that story is on Theon and his suffering, as well as how messed up Ramsay is even by Westeros standards. There's been no follow on Jamie rapes Cersei. I wouldn't have minded if it meant something. But you could cut that scene entirely and not miss a thing, except I'd like Jamie more.

And Josh made a very good point about the creators. The director of the scene denies that it was a rape scene. That's messed up.

• Like 3

I suppose it'll be an epic battle, but the timing of it couldn't be worse for where my interest lies.

I think a lot of fans will agree with you; everyone is gonna want to know what will happen to Tyrion right now, that's the big build going on right now, whereas the Battle at Castle Black has had a slow burn since they've been marching since Episode One.

From the director's perspective though, it's perfect. Everyone's gonna tune in to see what'll happen to Tyrion, Battle of Castle Black gets huge viewership as a result, and then that interest should get bigger for the finale since that'll be when the characters they want to see actually have their storylines progress.

Has there been any confirmation that next week is all The Wall? I don't really care much about the stuff up there at the minute and all I want to see is what happens to Tyrion :(

It's definitely entirely based around the battle at The Wall.

Some pre-hype for tonight, I read that it's the highest amount they've spent on a single episode. If I had to guess what it would be before this, probably the Battle of Blackwater. Wonder what's gonna be costing them all that. Giants?

I loved the episode just because of how great the battle played out, hitting tons of excellent action beats. My favorite part?

THAT BADASS FUCKING ANCHOR THING! HOLY SHIT THAT WAS GREAT!

• Like 5

I loved the episode just because of how great the battle played out, hitting tons of excellent action beats. My favorite part?

THAT BADASS FUCKING ANCHOR THING! HOLY SHIT THAT WAS GREAT!

That was great. I also loved

The giant arrow. That was badass.

• Like 1

Different kind of episode, still lots of fun, but happy this only happens once every two seasons. :D

Episode 10 should be fun, they have a ton of storylines that need to have a bit more happn to conclude for a Season, so i expect more than the usual slow fallout episode.

I was really, really worried that:

Gilly would be killed by that former City Watch dude (is it Slynt?) since she saw him being a coward and Sam would find the body. Glad that she was still alive.

I really enjoyed the episode. I still don't know how I feel about the ending but regardless, a well put together show. Jon Snow grew up literally in front of your very eyes. One question though...

Did I hear the blind man in the library say that he was a former Targaryen prince? There was a distraction in the room during the conversation with Sam and I couldn't hear it clearly. Did he say he was former Targaryen prince, when talking about who he was before he joined the men in black?"

I really enjoyed the episode. I still don't know how I feel about the ending but regardless, a well put together show. Jon Snow grew up literally in front of your very eyes. One question though...

Did I hear the blind man in the library say that he was a former Targaryen prince? There was a distraction in the room during the conversation with Sam and I couldn't hear it clearly. Did he say he was former Targaryen prince, when talking about who he was before he joined the men in black?"

Yep. Aemon Targaryen. His dad had a few sons (with sons of their own), so for Aemon's own safety, he was sent off to become a Maester and later joined the Night's Watch.

• Like 1