House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

The list of Emmy Nominations for Season 4 has gone up. Spoilered for length and for safety, because I've already fucked up once this week <_<

• Outstanding Drama Series
  • Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series- “The Children”
  • Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series: Alex Graves (“The Children”), Alik Sakharov (“The Laws of Gods and Men”), Neil Marshall (“The Watchers on the Wall”).
  • Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Charles Dance, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington
  • Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series - Emilia Clarke, Natalie Dormer, Lena Headey, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams
  • Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Pedro Pascal
  • Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Diana Rigg
  • Art Direction: “The Laws of Gods and Men,” “The Mountain and the Viper”
  • Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series
  • Oustanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series: “Mockingbird,” “Oathkeeper,” “The Lion and the Rose,” “Two Swords”
  • Sound Editing: “The Watchers on the Wall”
  • Sound Mixing: “The Watchers on the Wall”
  • Outstanding Costumes: “The Lion and the Rose”
  • Outstanding Hairstyling: “The Lion and the Rose”
  • Outstanding Make-up (Non-prosthetic): “Oathkeeper”
  • Outstanding Prosthetic Make-up: “The Children”
  • Stunt Coordination for a Drama Series, Miniseries or Movie
  • Outstanding Interactive Program – Game of Thrones Premiere: Facebook Live and Instagram

I'm intrigued by the nominations for 'The Children', since we haven't seen the episode yet.

• Like 1

No I got that...

It's worth mentioning that she is also one of the more iconic Bond women and something of a cultural icon in Britain. And she was in a Muppet movie so...

Yeah if you had mentioned that it would've made more sense IMO, since a Bond movie is waaay more bigger than that show. Who remembers the Bond girls' names anyways? The only ones I remember off the top of my head is Michelle Yeoh (because she's Malaysian), Halle Berry and Eva Green.

I'd say a lot of people who didn't watch The Avengers would still either know the name or recognise the image of her clad in leather. To the point that when she was in Doctor Who the other year another character wore something very similar to that famous costume. The cultural impact of that character somewhat transcends that show too really. She was considered one of the strong, sexy female character of the 60s. And The Avengers is a hugely iconic show while On Her Majesty's Secret Service is probably one of the lesser remembered Bond films. She arguably plays one of the more important female characters in the franchise but I wouldn't be surprised if more people recognise her as being in The Avengers. People mainly remember the Bond film she was in as "the one with the Australian bloke in it." I'm somewhat surprised they haven't brought The Avengers back really but that's probably because of the movie debacle which features another James Bond.

Anyway this is probably incredibly boring for most people and completely off topic at this point.

• Like 1

I actually own the entire collection of all the avengers episodes she was ever in. Diana Rigg is the fucking bomb.

He partner in the Avengers show actually was in his own Bond Movie too, with Walken as the villain. View to a kill.

Mod style in the 60's was very much a new and raging thing, and Diana Rigg was actually at the forfront for much of the style of fashion that set the decade. Added to the fact she was one of the few female leads to be taken seriously as a partner, and not just fluff to be rescued, she helped pioneer the idea of a self rescuing princess on TV.

Not at all boring to me, and I don't mind changing the topic to her at all.

Also Ruki, go back and change your quote, your spoiling things you... you... Ruki.

• Like 1

I've been laughing my ass off at this stuff all season long, to be honest.

Shame it ends next week, this season seemed way too short :( .

Yeah, Seasons 3 & 4 seem to have a LOT more 'funny' moments/comments than the first two. Margaery Tyrell talking to Sansa about sex, Arya gets like three different killer lines in, everything Olleanna Tyrell says.

I'm sure I spelled those names wrong, but fuck the Tyrells, Greyjoys and Martells for life, yo'.