House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

That episode covered every emotion for me.

Hey! The only spoiler I had came up in this episode. Yay Stannis! Will be interested to see how things up north go.

Holy shit....Tyrion....that was amazing.

Brienne vs. The Hound....that was just sad. I got really really excited at first, thinking everything would be happy....but then the music changed and I got scared. I didn't want him to die :( And Arya? You cold, girl. Ice cold. Speaking of....she's going to the free lands! She is going to become an assassin!

And Dani! It's about time her fall from grace has begun.

Bit surprised at the lack of a certain thing being shown.

CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE

Brienne is easily my most disliked character in the show right now. What an idiot.

Tyrion bits.. they left out too much good stuff from the books.. that actually kinda bugs me a lot.

Arya's ending was good though. Valar morghulis, oh yeah.

Stannis the Mannis arrived too, holy hell, awesomeness at the wall now.

Jojen! Massively unexpected.. nono. Damn you D&D.

Bloodraven didn't look like I expected either. Thousand eyes, and one.. yet he has two eyes? GTFO. And Leaf was dumb. Fireballs?! Urgh.

Man, I really don't get the complaints from book readers. Everything was pretty perfect by my estimation, with the exception of a few bits cut. I really don't see the problem.

Amazing episode, really nailed everything I wanted it to. Rory McCann just stole the whole fucking show.

I can't be the only one who half expected the Brienne/Hound fight to end in some freaky sex? :shifty:

I was hoping for it. :pervert:

Can we talk about how fucking good that fight was? Because that was fucking amazing. I love both those characters and it was so much fun to see them beat the shit out of each other. Brienne winning was great, too. I adored the smile she had on her face when she saw Arya with the sword - so full of pride. Stuff like this that we'd never see in the books is great.

The show's honestly so much fun if you look at it as an alternate reality asoiaf. All these slight changes have ripple effects that lead to moments like this.

• Like 3

Man, I really don't get the complaints from book readers. Everything was pretty perfect by my estimation, with the exception of a few bits cut. I really don't see the problem.

Jamie spoiler

One of the bits they cut was Jamie's realisation that Cersei only wants him when he's useful, so in the show, he goes from banging her on the round room table to helping Tyrion escape, a complete character 180 for seemingly no reason.

That being said, I did enjoy the episode, but it could have done with an extra fifteen (read: sixty) minutes to flesh out the really major scenes, there's a lot going on in a really short space of time and some bits felt rushed.