General Football Thread

Starvinho

Sol Campbell's punditry reminds me of a UFC fighter in a post match interview. Just says exactly what happened without any kind of analysis about how or why it happened.

And I admit, I forgot Musketeers :P.

OK Davids was great taunting Wilkes with his shin pad.

Santiago Cabrera is a pretty good player, certainly doing better than his acting career post-Heroes.

He was only in it for about twenty minutes wasn't he? Musketeers is alright!

Seedorf would still be our best player if he came to Newcastle. :(

I reckon we should sign Stam, Davids, Van der Sar and Cabrera too.

Bet people like Seedorf will use their medals as coasters or doorstops or something, and it's probably the highlight of Kielty's career.

Jose just firing his about as a frisbee for his dog.

I'm guessing from all your posts that you really don't like the concept of Soccer Aid?

To be honest I actually enjoyed that, just good fun. Hard to dislike anything that raises over £4m for charity isn't it really, and it's just a laugh.

It's more specifically just bemusement at people like Theakston, Kielty, Wilkes etc getting trotted out every year. I get that they're probably reliable to a certain level in having at least a decent standard rather than a load of celebrities flinging their legs at the ball and tripping over their own feet like giraffes on ice. Would mainly just like to see a different set of people in I think, must be quite a few they could get in to change it up a bit.

I mean Wilkes was doing these in like 2005 or something. Must be all he does.

Edited by Arjen Robben
  • Like 2

To be honest I actually enjoyed that, just good fun. Hard to dislike anything that raises over £4m for charity isn't it really, and it's just a laugh.

It's more specifically just bemusement at people like Theakston, Kielty, Wilkes etc getting trotted out every year. I get that they're probably reliable to a certain level in having at least a decent standard rather than a load of celebrities flinging their legs at the ball and tripping over their own feet like giraffes on ice. Would mainly just like to see a different set of people in I think, must be quite a few they could get in to change it up a bit.

I mean Wilkes was doing these in like 2005 or something. Must be all he does.

Come on, this guy is a celebrity. He does other celebrity things...

Gets Hat Trick in Charity Game.

Sacked and Replaced by Inzaghi.

He's bound to get signed for a English team now after that display.

Sepp Blatter says if you think that a non-footballing nation in the middle of an oil-rich desert which makes for unplayable weather conditions being given the World Cup for no good reason is because of corruption then you're a racist.

Shame on all of you.

Sepp Blatter says if you think that a non-footballing nation in the middle of an oil-rich desert which makes for unplayable weather conditions being given the World Cup for no good reason is because of corruption then you're a racist.

Shame on all of you.

John Oliver's report said it best.

"FIFA: A non profit organisation with a billion dollars in it's bank."

• Like 2

• Admin
Saudi Arabian prince Khalid Bin Bader Alsaud has signed for Conference Premier side Salisbury City.
The 19-year-old midfielder, who has been playing at Bromley, was unveiled by new chairman Otail Touzar.
Dubai-based Moroccan businessman Touzar, 31, bought the club with Whites supporter Mark Winter last month.
Since their takeover, the new owners have been told they must get their finances in order if they are to keep their place in non-league's top flight.
It is thought the club's outstanding debt includes players' wages, which have been delayed for two months.
Touzar has become Salisbury's main financial backer, with Winter taking care of the club's day-to-day running.
The Whites, who finished 12th last season, came out of administration in December after five years of financial turmoil, in which they incurred double demotion to the Southern Premier in 2010.

Fun fact: On Football Manager Handheld 2013 I took Salisbury City from the Conference South to the Championship with four straight promotions.
I didn't have a Saudi financial backer or a prince, but I did have Grant Holt for my League 1 campaign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-27780121

This otherwise-mundane story only entertains me because I like to imagine other random 50+ year old transfer clauses emerging from the ashes and being enforced in the modern day.

Surely there's scope for an FM backstory/scenario in there somewhere. :shifty:

It turns out Juventus never paid the final installment of John Charles' transfer fee to Leeds so now, plus interest, Juventus have to pay Leeds £200m?