General Football Thread

Starvinho

It's annoying the shit out of me that I can't remember the name of that ginge who played for Fulham and Chelsea.

I could of sworn he was at Villa now but I've checked their squad and can't see him.

It's annoying the shit out of me that I can't remember the name of that ginge who played for Fulham and Chelsea.

I could of sworn he was at Villa now but I've checked their squad and can't see him.

You're surely not speaking of Steve Sidwell, now at Stoke?

Edit: Damn all of yers.

The mention of Devlin as a former Utd reserve player is possibly the most pointless irrelevant thing in a news article ever.

About as bad as Keith Gillespie, ex Man Utd player.

Clearly its not. This bloke has obviously dropped vastly since his time where he may have had a vague chance to play at a decent level, mentioning it makes it sound less like 'player in rubbish league attacks someone', much in the same way as we'll forever be mentioned when Nile Ranger does anything (admittedly his handful of first team games change it slightly, mainly so Newcastle United can appear in all the headlines rather than deep in the body text...). Gillespie always being highlighted with Man Utd despite a successful career elsewhere is bizarre, especially when most of his problems occurred later in his career.

• Admin
Ivory Coast will be disqualified from the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations if they forfeit their qualifier against Sierra Leone because of fears over Ebola.
The Ivorian government will not allow the match, which is scheduled for 6 September in Abidjan, to go ahead.
Ivory Coast said their options are "to relocate the game or forfeit".
But a Confederation of African Football spokesman told BBC Sport: "If a country forfeits one qualifier, they will be disqualified from the championship."
Sierra Leone is one of six nations with cases of Ebola and the Ivorian government is concerned the deadly virus could be brought into the country.
In an attempt to minimise any risk, Sierra Leone have named a squad of players based outside the country.
Caf had said on Thursday that as far it is was concerned the game would be played in Abidjan as scheduled.

Not sure what to make of that, what about the away games in Sierra Leone? Will everyone be forced to go there? Could Sierra Leone win the tournament by de-fault because no bugger wants to play them?

Weirdly I'm watching Victory Road 07 from the other night and Sonjay just mentioned an Ebola outbreak. Spooky.