General Football Thread

Starvinho

• Admin
Only 14 Western Sydney fans have been given visas to visit Saudi Arabia for Saturday's Asian Champions League final second leg against Al-Hilal.
The Australian side won the first leg 1-0 in front of a record 20,053 crowd at the Parramatta stadium.
However, Saudi Arabia has strict visa guidelines relating to political and religious background.
"Saudi Arabia doesn't offer tourist visas," travelling fan Josh Shepherd told BBC World Service.
"In order to visit Saudi Arabia you have to be invited into the country. Under AFC (Asian Football Confederation) rules, Al-Hilal has been pressured to do this but I'm looking forward to the game."
The Saudi Arabian visa guidelines also has rules about women travelling alone but Kate Durnell, the solitary woman among the small Sydney support said: "We've been assured by both clubs that we're in safe hands.
"I'm not worried at all. You just have to make sure you abide by the local customs and respect their religion just like any other place you would go to."
Al-Hilal are six-time Asian champions with more than 40 domestic titles since their formation in 1957 whereas the Wanderers were founded two years ago.
The winner of Saturday's game will go on to face the likes of Real Madrid and Mexico's Cruz Azul in the Fifa Club World Cup in Morocco.
You can listen to the full interviews on the BBC World Football podcast.

• Admin
A Switzerland-based amateur footballer has been banned for 50 years after kicking a ball in the referee's face and spraying him with water.
Portugal Futebol Clube defender Ricardo Ferreira has already served a 45-game ban for assaulting opposition players.
"I had expected one or two years maximum. But 50 years? Football's my life," Ferreira, 28, said.
The fourth-tier league's lawyer Robert Breiter said: "We do not want such a player in our league."
Speaking to Swiss newspaper Blick, Breiter continued: "Unfortunately we encounter such cases about once a year."
Ferreira had been an unused substitute in his team's match against SC Worb in the Bern league when he attacked the referee after the final whistle.
Ferreira will be free to return to footballing activity on 5 June 2064, by which time he will be 78.
  • Like 1

• Admin

Only 14 Western Sydney fans have been given visas to visit Saudi Arabia for Saturday's Asian Champions League final second leg against Al-Hilal.

The Australian side won the first leg 1-0 in front of a record 20,053 crowd at the Parramatta stadium.
However, Saudi Arabia has strict visa guidelines relating to political and religious background.
"Saudi Arabia doesn't offer tourist visas," travelling fan Josh Shepherd told BBC World Service.
"In order to visit Saudi Arabia you have to be invited into the country. Under AFC (Asian Football Confederation) rules, Al-Hilal has been pressured to do this but I'm looking forward to the game."
The Saudi Arabian visa guidelines also has rules about women travelling alone but Kate Durnell, the solitary woman among the small Sydney support said: "We've been assured by both clubs that we're in safe hands.
"I'm not worried at all. You just have to make sure you abide by the local customs and respect their religion just like any other place you would go to."
Al-Hilal are six-time Asian champions with more than 40 domestic titles since their formation in 1957 whereas the Wanderers were founded two years ago.
The winner of Saturday's game will go on to face the likes of Real Madrid and Mexico's Cruz Azul in the Fifa Club World Cup in Morocco.
You can listen to the full interviews on the BBC World Football podcast.

WSW went on to win the AFC Champions League!

Elsewhere, Marcello Lippi has retired from management.

• Admin
FC Rostov head coach Igor Gamula has been suspended for five matches after being found guilty of making racist comments by the Russian Football Union (RFS).
"We already have six black players, do you want me to get a seventh?" Gamula said when asked about the prospect of his team signing Cameroon defender Benoit Angbwa.
But the 54-year-old insists his comments were a private joke.
"I immediately told the journalist that my remarks were between him and me and it was a joke," he said.
"I have a great relationship with all the team's dark skinned players. The British press just doesn't understand our Russian humour."

The British Press don't understand, hence why the Russian FA has suspended him.

The piece also forgot to mention he "joked" about a fear of getting ebola with all the black players.