General Football Thread

Starvinho

Good to see that there is only one British based player. And Di Maria probably earned his spot before he joined United. It would be really interesting to see how the Spanish league would fare if they evened up the TV money and all that.

Good to see that there is only one British based player. And Di Maria probably earned his spot before he joined United. It would be really interesting to see how the Spanish league would fare if they evened up the TV money and all that.

Two really, Luiz spent the first half of the year in Britain.

True but didn't he win the Ballon Dor at United in the Premiership? My point still stands

But how does that prove he should have won it in 2014? I don't understand how your point is relevant at all.

He won it this year because he won the CL and scored goals for fun for Real Madrid. They didn't take account into what he did at Man Utd almost a decade ago.

True but didn't he win the Ballon Dor at United in the Premiership? My point still stands

But how does that prove he should have won it in 2014? I don't understand how your point is relevant at all.

He won it this year because he won the CL and scored goals for fun for Real Madrid. They didn't take account into what he did at Man Utd almost a decade ago.

What, have a kind of promising season at the age of 19? :shifty:

I love arguing with Ant, but he's right in this case, he's pointing out CR won 2 Ballon D'Ors, while in 2 different leagues, proving he can be the best in the world over a calendar year regardless of which league he's in.

He's won three Ballon D'Ors. He won it last year at Real Madrid.

My point is that it's completely irrelevant that he has won it in two leagues. What has that got to do with him winning it this year? He won it this season for his performances at Real Madrid in the calendar year of 2014 and for no other reason. And that's my last post about this because this is getting really silly.