General Football Thread

Starvinho

It took me until Ant's clarification to have a clue what was going on here and I still don't agree. Ronaldo proved he's the best in the world today by winning this years Ballon D'or, the state of the Premier League 7 years ago has nothing to do with it. Otherwise I'm saying Kevin Keegan is still best in the world.

• Like 3

Kevin Keegan never won the Premier League...

And he most certainly did not do it on a wet Wednesday night at Stoke.

And yeah, to be fair, Ronaldo could've won it in 6 different countries, and Messi 6 times in Spain, and it wouldn't give any indication as to who was the better player.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I just think Ronaldo has proven he can acclinatize to leagues and situations better. Don't get me wrong Messi is very good but is easy to stay in the same side and have it built around you. Ronaldo had to work hard to justify his massive transfer fee and has made it look like a bargain

Who is the better player is a different debate to 'does Ronaldo winning in it two separate leagues (which he did last year so not sure why this years confirms it) prove he is the best' though, and it doesn't. If Messi wins it next year he's best in the world, and doesn't need a 'CDIOAWWNIS' asterisk next to his name.