General Football Thread

Starvinho

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Harry Redknapp is the manager of the Jordanian national team. For two games. Naturally this is because Prince Ali is his friend (who isn't?)

Bit of a drive from Sandbanks, mind you.

But an easy drive to Sandy Banks, eh?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Stop targeting football fans with ‘draconian laws’, says campaign group

...Grimsby Town fan Ken Meech was last year found guilty of assaulting a steward with an inflatable shark during a game at Barnet. Meech denied intending to hit the steward as Grimsby celebrated a late goal, but was convicted and fined £800.

He said: “We scored and there was a big crowd surge, the players came towards us to celebrate and we were all ecstatic as it was a crucial game. I had this inflatable shark in my hand and I was waving it about. I’ve had to tell this story nearly every day since, even the police were laughing about it until they interviewed me.

“I’m still under a conditional discharge until July. My bail conditions meant I couldn’t go within half a mile of Grimsby town centre. Football fans really are persecuted in a number of ways. My business has taken a knock-on effect and I’ve got a criminal record. Would Timmy Mallett nowadays be getting prosecuted for every time he hit someone over the head with a mallet?”...

9 hours ago, Benji said:

£800 for being hit by an inflatable fish?! What, was the steward a featured extra on Sharknado 5: The Inflatening?

I know you are joking but please don't give the sy-fi channel any ideas

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Everyone loves an outfield player in goals, right?

Well former Football League journeyman striker Liam Dickinson, 30, has started in nets today for Bradford Park Avenue against Boston United in the National League North today.

He has conceded once - his side trail 1-0 - but he has caught the eye already.

55 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I guess she doesn't understand the offside rule?

I think I read somewhere that they were losing 4-1 or something and I guess she is just a bad loser.

Still, I approve and I've asked her on a date.