General Football Thread

Starvinho

What are the odds of Van Der Sar dropping the premier league trophy off the bus when we have our parade? Seems to be the new trend!

Naw, defender and goalie have been taken, by natives, it will have to be Rooney or Carrick representing the front and midfield.

I'd have had that rather than chasing the bus with it. Would look lovely with a turkey on for Christmas dinner.

We need to win a trophy first. I don't reckon the Intertoto trophy or the Championship trophy would be too impressive. :shifty:

To be fair you could eat your dinner off the Intertoto plaque. Either way if we dropped something in the middle of the Bigg Market you wouldn't even see it on the video, it'd be in someones trousers and down the nearest Metro before it hit the ground.

If Newcastle dropped in the Intertoto 'trophy' it'd blow away in the wind, bloody certificate! <_<

As for the miss, I saw that, I know an Irish lad who claimed he played for Athlone Town a bit. Would probably make sense since some of them say they were missing for exams and stuff. Still a shocking miss (makes me happier than my similar effort in 5-a-side last week for sure!)

And re: ages in Nigeria. I knew it had always been speculated that Oba was a lot older than he was but was always a little unsure as to how likely it was, not surprised it's common. They fill their U17 teams and stuff with full on seniors at times I'm sure too.

If Newcastle dropped in the Intertoto 'trophy' it'd blow away in the wind, bloody certificate! <_<

And re: ages in Nigeria. I knew it had always been speculated that Oba was a lot older than he was but was always a little unsure as to how likely it was, not surprised it's common. They fill their U17 teams and stuff with full on seniors at times I'm sure too.

toto_plaque2_348x470.jpg

Let me know when Sunderland receive their plaque for progressing in Europe. Next year maybe?

Yes, I know, it was a joke. A lot of Newcastle fans like to jokingly refer to it as a trophy whenever we banter about how neither of us have won a trophy for donkeys age. I wasn't trying to start a fight.

Anyone read the report than Houllier may be making a surprise return for the match with... Liverpool! Of course he would. He'd walk through fire to get to see Liverpool wouldn't he?

Neither was I, just making sure everyone knew that its much much more than a certificate. For a start its got holes so you screw on it the wall without having to buy a frame...

Could eat your dinner of it as well, while apparently being able to do basic math sums that are written on the outside of it. Multi-purpose if anything.

How many teams 'won' it each year, weren't there quite a few? It was essentially qualifying to get into the UEFA Cup more or less wasn't it?

Quite a few got into the UEFA cup the year we 'won' it. But I think we were given the officially 'trophy' for getting the furthest out of any of the clubs that year.