General Football Thread

Starvinho

Dortmund beat Bayern 4-2 in the Germany Super Cup. They play brilliant, counter attacking football.

Glad we are following the model by blooding in young, hungry players. Could bode well for us if we keep a core group together.

• Admin

Edgar Davids has confirmed he will wear Barnet's No1 shirt in midfield during this season's Blue Square Bet Premier campaign.

The 40-year-old former Champions League winning midfielder – Barnet's head coach since December – has worn the number during his side's last two pre-season friendlies, as they prepare for life outside the Football League following last season's final-day relegation from League Two.
After wearing No1 during Barnet's 4-1 friendly defeat to MK Dons on Saturday, Davids told Barnet's Times newspaper he had made the shirt his own. "That is my number for the season. I am going to start this trend."
Barnet's goalkeeper Graham Stack, who will wear No29, told the paper: "Squad numbers mean nothing to me and I've had a few over the years. So it is not an issue for me. Edgar Davids has asked to wear number one, he asked me what number I want and I said I didn't mind.
"I spoke to Mick McCarthy [the Ipswich Town manager] last weekend and he said that he's had many number ones or nines on the bench. So I don't think it matters what you wear. All that matters is that you are in the team and playing."

On a related note - the Conference's new title sponsor is the online payment company Skrill.