General Football Thread

Starvinho

Apparently they're doing half an hour each in goal, which I'm hoping Milan might use in a tactical way, all out attack with Pav in the sticks.

Will this be the most football Shay Given's played in four years?

No he's not allowed to be a club legend or get emotional after 20 years with the club because he's never had leukemia

Is Steve Harper really.a "club legend"?

Wow. They don't have very high standards in Newcastle.

But everybody knew that.

Yes, 20 years as second choice. Never moaned and always ready to step in when needed.

I'll be honest. I'm going for Maldini and Baresi.

Harps is a cracking keeper and by the sounds of it a thoroughly nice bloke, and having that as second choice for so long is very handy, but I wouldn't call him a club legend. Maybe an icon.

Yeah the comment was probably a bit over-the-top but it's not the first time Harper got slagged off for crying after the reception he got a SJP while Petrov rightfully gets the praise he deserves and the treatment he got at Villa. Just annoys me that on the week Harper his deserved testimonial alongside Petrov's match that it got brought up again.

Harper deserves every bit of praise he gets and the way he reacted in the Arsenal match was great.

Terry hit the post from 70 years. Shay has made a great save or two.

Louis Tomlinson is getting very high pitched screams anytime he's on the ball.

And the reactions for Stan have been very emotional, fantastic. He's come off now, but will be back on for the Celtic side at some point.

Oh, and Gareth Barry, for the first time in years, isn't the slowest man on the pitch.