General Football Thread

Starvinho

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, MDK said:

Show me on the football where he touched you 

He broke Martin Pringles leg in two places with one of the worst challenges I have ever seen, never admitted it was awful. Absolute cunt.

Just now, WE'VE GOT AMOND! said:

He broke Martin Pringles leg in two places with one of the worst challenges I have ever seen, never admitted it was awful. Absolute cunt.

Once you pop you just can't stop :shifty: 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2016 at 12:20, Lineker said:

Olympiakos footballer Alan Pulido kidnapped in Mexico - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-36409366 

http://screamer.deadspin.com/report-mexican-striker-alan-pulido-escapes-from-kidnap-1779505215

Apparently he managed to punch one of his kidnappers, take his gun, shoot him, and then broke a window in the safe house he was being held in to escape. 

I watched that Soccer Aid match for the first time in years last night. Called at the start that having Defoe in the England team was a bit unfair. A guy who bagged 18 goals last season, playing against Patrick Kielty. :lol:

Berba's still got it, btw!

• Like 1

Daniel Agger has retired at the age of 31 :(

Great defender but unfortunately a career littered with injuries. Loved watching him play for us and he really embraced the city and the club. Hope he has success and enjoys his post footballing career. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

A Swedish footballer has hit out after being sent off for breaking wind during a match – with the referee accusing him of “deliberate provocation” and “unsportsmanlike behaviour”.

Adam Lindin Ljungkvist, who was playing at left-back in the match between Järna SK’s reserve team and Pershagen SK, was shown a second yellow card late on in what local media called “bizarre circumstances”.

“I had a bad stomach, so I simply let go,” the 25-year-old told Länstidningen Södertälje. “Then I received two yellow cards and then red. Yes, I was shocked, it’s the strangest thing I have ever experienced in football.

“I asked the referee, ‘What, am I not allowed to break wind a little?’ ‘No,’ he replied … I don’t get it but maybe he thought I farted in my hand and threw the fart at him. But I did not.”

Opposition striker Kristoffer Linde told the paper: “I was standing a good distance away but I heard the fart loud and clear. It’s the strangest thing I’ve seen on a pitch, and I’ve been playing football since I was eight years old.”

The referee, Dany Kako, confirmed that Ljungkvist had received the second yellow card for breaking wind, explaining: “I perceived it as deliberate provocation. He did it on purpose and it was inappropriate. Therefore, he received a yellow card.”

Ljungkvist told Aftonbladet: “To provoke anyone with a fart is not particularly smart or normal. It’s nonsense – I just broke wind and got a red card. I spoke to the referee afterwards, I was annoyed, but there were no bad words. I just said he was a buffoon.”

Kako said he had experienced similar incidents before. “Once there was a player who stood and peed next to the pitch. I showed him a yellow card, too.”

• Like 4