2011 College Football Season

Ah, well ... didn't see this.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :lmao:

This goes much further than Ohio State. I mean, they'd been carrying the conference for 5yrs now. What a way to start the new "era" of the Big 10, with your best coach walking away from the best program because of some cheating/bullshit. Great job Big 10 !

10 years of cheating is out of the door. Good riddance.

Flat out ignorance, Tressel was fired because he covered up players selling their own property. No cheating involved. OSU cleanly always whipped Michigan's pathetic asses (Y)

On another note, it will be fun watching Urban Meyer destroy teams as OSU coach starting in 2012.

Edited by Mofoticon

10 years of cheating is out of the door. Good riddance.

Flat out ignorance, Tressel was fired because he covered up players selling their own property. No cheating involved. OSU cleanly always whipped Michigan's pathetic asses (Y)

On another note, it will be fun watching Urban Meyer destroy teams as OSU coach starting in 2012.

Oh Really?

Breaking rules = cheating, they have been doing this for years.

Need proof?

http://genuinelysarcastic.blogspot.com/2011/05/dotting-lie.html

and before you say it's just a Michigan blog being bitter, he lists his sources at the end of the article.

Then if you need even more proof, the SI article is still coming.

Tressel was far from clean.

He didn't cleanly whip anyone's ass if he was doing it with players that would have been suspended or declared ineligible had he not covered up their activities.

Being "clean" shouldn't be applied to any conversation involving college football right now, especially since this year you had the Heisman trophy winner (and ultimately the man who was the reason his team won the National Title) being proven he took money to play for Auburn, and yet nothing happened because there was somehow not enough proof.

The NCAA is just a joke right now, in my opinion.

Being "clean" shouldn't be applied to any conversation involving college football right now, especially since this year you had the Heisman trophy winner (and ultimately the man who was the reason his team won the National Title) being proven he took money to play for Auburn, and yet nothing happened because there was somehow not enough proof.

The NCAA is just a joke right now, in my opinion.

Things happening like this all the time, along with them refusing to implement a playoff system is the NCAA's biggest problem.

Yet for some reason we all can't stop watching.

After living through the SMU deal ... no, I'm not surprised. I also have felt that there were some serious issues going on at OSU, dating back to BEFORE Maurice Clarett even. The Katzenmoyer days were clouded in this kind of crap. I mean, the dude wasn't smart enough to spell his freaking name right (the running joke was that he couldn't read or write). Yet, he was an All American, Butkus Award winner at OSU .....

To be completely honest ... I'm surprised it wasn't worse.

On the Baltimore-area sports talk station (105.7 The Fan), they described a lot of this scandal perfectly. People might say "Well it's the players fault, hold them accountable." You'd be right saying the first part, but where this turns from a bunch of young kids being selfish and foolish into a full-blown scandal is that lying and cover-ups are involved. Sending the message both to the players that this behavior is okay, as well as the school is going to let them do it so it can continue to profit it off of them. OSU fans should feel blessed that this scandal isn't at the SMU level.

Speaking of the SMU level, we have to be getting close to a program getting completely destroyed due to its violations. My friend suggestion UCONN basketball, and I think there's a lot of signs (Kemba Walker having just read his first book yet graduating early for example) that there's something serious being covered-up if so much is hitting the surface. Under Urban Meyer, Florida kept the police very busy. If that's going on, and being pretty public, you have to get suspicious about other things going on. But my winner (due solely to program size) is Boise State who reported a bunch of violations recently, and you have to believe if the NCAA wants to make a scapegoat to show how serious it is about its rulebook that it can't enforce then it'll make the example out of a small program in Idaho. So if some other issues rise to the surface, watch out.