The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Who said you got to make the new thread?! This is absolutely unforgivable.

I wonder whats going on with Stamkos. It's kinda crazy that the Lightning have not been able to get him signed. Either they have decided to try and lowball him, are considering a trade, or are under a serious internal budget issue. I would think you look at Stamkos and how he has played for the last two seasons, and then you give him the same deal as Ovechkin.

• Like 1

Who said you got to make the new thread?! This is absolutely unforgivable.

I wonder whats going on with Stamkos. It's kinda crazy that the Lightning have not been able to get him signed. Either they have decided to try and lowball him, are considering a trade, or are under a serious internal budget issue. I would think you look at Stamkos and how he has played for the last two seasons, and then you give him the same deal as Ovechkin.

a) I said so, deal with it! :angry:

b) I heard that they offered him a 5 year and 15 year deal....but apparently the NHLPA wants him to hold out for more money? I swear I read that somewhere

c) According to Tampa fans, their owner is loaded, and thus, no internal budget....but they still lost $20 mil this year.

d) I say they trade him to the Leafs....or we offer sheet his ass.

e) ???

f) Profit Stanley Cup

Sakic. Shanahan. Sundin. Roenick. Neidermayer. Blake. Chelios. Lindros. Bure.

All possible names to enter the Hockey Hall of Fame next year. I think Sakic and Shanahan are locks, and Sundin has to go in. His numbers are among the best of all time, and he is easily one of the best European players ever.

Flames signed minor league forward Guillaume Desbiens to a $525,000 contract today. He's a guy who can play in the NHL on the 4th line, and helps open up some possible movement within the forward ranks.

Former Flame Curtis McElhinney signed to play next season with the Phoenix Coyotes. He's never going to be more than a backup goaltender, but given regular starts, he's a dependable guy to have around.

Not sure if this is a reliable source but....I dunno how I feel about this. What would it mean for Grabs?

@TBLhockeymedia Micheal Sandlind

Confirmed: Brian Burke of the Toronto Maple Leafs seen speaking to Vincent Lecavaliers agent

Flames sign Anton Babchuk to a 2 year deal worth $5 million today.

Leaves $3.8 in cap space to re-sign Brendan Morrison and pick up another D-man. With the Capitals right up against the cap, now would be a good time to send an offer sheet to Karl Alzner.

Not sure if this is a reliable source but....I dunno how I feel about this. What would it mean for Grabs?

Confirmed: Brian Burke of the Toronto Maple Leafs seen speaking to Vincent Lecavaliers agent

*craps self*

Personally, if Grabo ended up on third line I wouldn't see it as a bad thing. Just may mean we have 3 solid center lines, maybe even 4.

EDIT: Kinda looked more into it, looks like it's source was a twitter account created a few hours ago. *gets grain of salt from shaker*

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Would absolutely love to see the Flames go in for Stamkos, if they were willing to pay that much for Brad Richards at 31 with his injury history I'd like to think we'd go in big for Stamkos.

Iggy just needs a top center. :(

Would absolutely love to see the Flames go in for Stamkos, if they were willing to pay that much for Brad Richards at 31 with his injury history I'd like to think we'd go in big for Stamkos.

Iggy just needs a top center. :(

We only have $3.8 in cap space. They would have to bury someone in the minors. It would really be easier to just tell Steve Yzerman they plan on doing it if they have to, and offer to make a trade instead. Hagman and some prospects or picks for Stamkos... and Tampa doesn't have to worry about an offer sheet.

Guest mr. potato head

This year Toronto sucks

I would have to assume that Vincent Lecavalier's agent has more than one client, no?

• Like 1

This year Toronto sucks

I would have to assume that Vincent Lecavalier's agent has more than one client, no?

This is also a very good point.....

This year Toronto sucks

This is also a very good point.....

Lecavalier also still has a massive amount of money and term left on his contract. I'm not sure if he would be a great fit in Toronto.

Allegedly Matthew Lombardi has the same agent.

That would make sense. Lombardi and his contract were the cost to get Franson, but if Lombardi can play, he can be a big help. His speed would make him dangerous on the third line and give us some depth at center.

Allegedly Matthew Lombardi has the same agent.

That would make sense. Lombardi and his contract were the cost to get Franson, but if Lombardi can play, he can be a big help. His speed would make him dangerous on the third line and give us some depth at center.

If Lombardi can play, he'll be challenging for the 1/2 spot. Connolly, Bozak, Grabovski and Lombardi looks like a pretty damn good middle.

Kypers reporting MacArthur re-ups with the Leafs for 2 years, 6.5m. Seems like a bit of an overpay given his RFA status and extended history, but the terms are short and it's not like there's a whole lot available elsewhere. I'm sure it's front loaded so as to make him moveable to a floor dweller should he drop off substantially this year.

Kypers reporting MacArthur re-ups with the Leafs for 2 years, 6.5m. Seems like a bit of an overpay given his RFA status and extended history, but the terms are short and it's not like there's a whole lot available elsewhere. I'm sure it's front loaded so as to make him moveable to a floor dweller should he drop off substantially this year.

If his numbers stay the same or improve, it's a bargain... but if he drops off, it's not so much that another team might not take a chance on him.

As long as he's playing with the same linemates, I don't see a reason why his numbers would fall.

Regardless, I figure Burke waited this long because he wanted to see if he could upgrade and then offer MacArthur a smaller deal... but there really isn't much else out there.

In other news, Kaberle signed a deal with the Hurricanes today. Good deal for him, made Joe Corvo expendable (shipped off to Boston), and upgrades on the back-end for Carolina. It's not going to put them over the top, by any means... but it's a good hockey signing.