The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Guest mr. potato head

Detroit/Winnipeg Game 3 from 1996 is on ESPN Classic Canada right now for some reason.

So far Kenny Albert has been unsure how to say "Khabibulin" and called Dave Manson "Dave Mansion". And we get the NHL on FOX intro and presentation!

More like 'and tonight, Toronto will field the Kessel and Schenn their mom bought them at Toys 'R Us while Philadelphia make do with the ones they got from the gas station, which come with misspelled names (I mean come on, what was "Brayden" ever supposed to be), because their mom doesn't love them as much'.

I would hope the next rule modification is not blowing down any play where Matt Cooke does something dirty or stupid. Instead, just have the refs turn their backs and come what may.

Alternately, Evander Kane becomes the NHL's first floating player and dresses for whichever team Cooke plays on a given night.

This one isn't even that bad; two for boarding, probably would have been five except it looks from video like the guy did his best impression of Jagr/Avery to sell it, and probably two games to say "Hey, Matt? Knock it off".

Even so, the article said it best: he went on record that he was going to stop this shit.

Even so, the article said it best: he went on record that he was going to stop this shit.

Exactly. I don't doubt that the hit was maybe oversold, but the player would have had no idea who was behind him so I don't see it as trying necessarily to milk Cooke's reputation or anything like that. The outcome in this case is a fortunate thing, because that's a really vulnerable position to be hit from and it could easily have gone much worse. I'd throw him probably 2 or 3 preseason games and make it known that the punishment next time will be severe.