The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Douglas Murray won't be getting one. Everyone in the Canucks front office at rank "Head Coach" or above should just be banned from talking to the media, at this point they're just embarrassing themselves.

Puck Daddy on the 'incident': http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Was-Alain-Vigneault-right-to-play-the-Nathan-Hor?urn=nhl-wp13453

I basically agree with the sentiment, though I wish I wasn't agreeing with HM.

EDIT: Wysh himself thinks it was a suspendable hit. I'm disagreeing.

Based on the hits we've seen cause suspensions, I think this hit was worthy of a suspension for a game or 2, mainly because it was a unnecessary hit that you can't justify.

I do like that he went to stick up for himself.

Edited by thisgamewelose

At most I think you give 5 for a charge which has a GM tacked on. No penalty at all is probably too light for what is a textbook charging call. Murray did step up on him late but it was shoulder-to-chest contact and Roussel was up immediately to defend himself and instigate the fight. In no way is it comparable to Rome's blindside shot to Horton's head, that's a laughable assertion by Vigneault.

Let Shanahan go home to his family, people. I wonder if he has a hotplate in that studio.

Wow.... 8 games for the Wiz, that's a hell of a fine. I'm happy that they're not taking things lightly, but it still remains to be seen what will happen when it's someone like Iginla or Chara... or any Bruin for that matter...(Okay, uncalled for I suppose...). I hope there's consistency, and I appreciate the effort by the league to eliminate head shots while still preserving the physicality of the game.

I know hockey is back when there's a French journalist interviewing a Swiss player for an English network... always makes me feel good for some reason, the multicultural aspect of hockey.

I'm excited to see the Habs this year. They haven't played a pre-season game yet with more than a handful of starters because of the size of their camp. Still though, MaxPac looks great and Cole looks like there's potentially a big power forward for us this year.

I'm super excited for this Brendan Gallagher kid. I understand it's just the pre season, and he's yet another undersized forward, but when a 19 year old who was sort of on the radar for 1-3 years in the future is still in the camp... you just gotta cheer him on.

My 2nd hockey draft is done! It was an auction draft...we had $200. Crosby? Went for over 70.

H. Sedin ($34)

Zetterberg ($20)

Kesler ($19)

Ennis ($11)

Leino ($5)

Steen ($3)

Callahan ($9)

Williams ($5)

Lupul ($3)

Ryder ($3)

Brassard ($3)

Phanuf ($8)

Whitney ($8)

McBain ($4)

Suter ($6)

JML ($5)

Luongo ($27)

Mason ($7)

Pitkanin ($3)

Booth ($3)

Zajac ($4) (He is going straight on IR)

Kunitz ($3)

Downie ($7....I only spent that because he was my last player)

I bit on crosby way too early in my head to head draft. I took a huge risk and grabbed him in the second round... but because of that I got fucked out on good centers, I grabbed Skinner to play center while crosby is out. (Skinner is listed as C, and a winger)...but because I had to grab skinner earlier than I wanted, I'm not too solid on penalty minutes.

Goalies

Quick

Hiller

Defense

Lidstrom

Phaneuf

John Carlson

Wisniewski

Centers

Sedin

Crosby (DTD)

Skinner

Winger

Loi Eriksson

Vanek

Doan

can't remember the rest.

My 3rd fantasy hockey league just held our lottery draft....it was tense (video was great)! 16 teams, snaking league...I was scared I would get between 9-14, those picks would suck.

I get the 6th overall pick! And one of the people ahead of me will be auto picking (we don't have someone for that team yet), and another will be picking Konopka as a joke. So...a good chance of getting: One of the Sedins, Ovie, Stamkos, or Malkin. Awesome!

Edit: Apparently the guy who was gonna take Konopka is actually gonna be taking Ovie, Crosby or Stamkos...boo!

Still, 6th overall, I should get something nice.

Did it happen last night? I think Shanny is a little behind. The hit from Monday during the Rangers game was just put up. Maybe it give a couple of days to really find out?

I get the 6th overall pick! And one of the people ahead of me will be auto picking (we don't have someone for that team yet), and another will be picking Konopka as a joke. So...a good chance of getting: One of the Sedins, Ovie, Stamkos, or Malkin. Awesome!

It'll probably go. Ovechkin, Daniel Sedin, Stamkos (any order of 1,2,3) Perry, Henrik Sedin (Any order 4-5) then your pick, not sure if Malkin is the right choice for a 1st round/6th pick in fantasy, but he should have a big year.

Edited by thisgamewelose

Who would you take with the 6th overall?

I figure Malkin can still be a 100+ points player....

Edit: Hell...if Crosby is still on the board, should I take a risk with him? There is no way he will be available to me in the 2nd round. (16 teams, snaking draft....gonna be a LONG wait between picks)