The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Speaking of fantsy hockey, I have a couple of spots left on a fantasy league that involves myself (Plubby), a work colleague, his friend, Ace, MPH and Slogger.

The draft is being run in 31 hours (keep in mind that this time is to accommodate the majority Australian GMs and will not be shifted). Anyone who wants in - please PM me :)

EDIT: Oh shut up, Quom :P Waitaminute! Don't shut up! Join our fantasy league Quom!

What kind of league is this? head to head? points? Snaking draft?

Also, if you can be kind enough to post the time you're responding and the time the draft takes place, that would be awesome. ( I can't seem to view it on this phone right now)

Sorry, between grabbing Sean and my fellow drafters organising players - I now have enough :(

Welp, the more things change, the more they stay the same. I dunno if this is more looking out for your own kind (Shanny for Yzerman), or if it's just that the league likes to turn a blind eye when it comes to Montreal, but that hit was everything that they say they want to take out of the game. I don't see how Clarke MacArthur get's 2 games, and Malone doesn't get any... maybe if Campoli wore a different jersey or Malone played for Nashville we could have expected something.

Disgusted.

Boo hoo wah. I'd make some sort of hyperbolic comment centring around you being a complete moron if you think nothing's changed from Campbell to Shanahan (how about ooh, less of the wheel of justice because now we have some idea how decisions were made? What about no fucking familial conflict of interest?) but it would be pointless because I KNOW you're a complete fucking idiot and if this had been a Hab escaping suspension for that hit you'd have been slurping Shanny's cock so loud it would have drowned out all discussion and the sound of an occasional airplane taking off.

GO AWAY.

• Like 2

Was just offered this trade in one of my fantasy leagues, anyone got any opinions on it? (Bold is my player)

Anton Babchuk

(Cgy - D) 11g, 24a, 35pts, 6ppg, 7ppa, 1shg, 2gwg

for

Zach Bogosian

(Wpg - D) 5g, 12a, 17pts, 0ppg, 4ppa, 0shg, 1gwg

+

Magnus Paajarvi

(Edm - W) 15g, 19a, 34pts, 3ppg, 6ppa, 0shg, 0gwg

I'm thinking about it because Babchuk is my 4th D (out of 4), so he's a bit expendable. Also because both Bogosian and Paajarvi could very well have good years.

Guest mr. potato head

PREDICTIONS TIME :w00t:

East

Boston

Pittsburgh

Washington

Buffalo

Tampa Bay

Montreal

Philadelphia

Carolina

----------------

NY Rangers

Florida

Toronto

New Jersey

NY Islanders

Winnipeg

Ottawa

Boston over Carolina

Philadelphia over Pittsburgh

Washington over Montreal

Buffalo over Tampa Bay

Boston over Philadelphia

Buffalo over Washington

Boston over Buffalo

West

Vancouver

Anaheim

Detroit

Los Angeles

Chicago

San Jose

St. Louis

Colorado

-----------------

Phoenix

Columbus

Nashville

Calgary

Dallas

Edmonton

Minnesota

Vancouver over Colorado

Anaheim over St. Louis

San Jose over Detroit

Los Angeles over Chicago

Vancouver over San Jose

Anaheim over Los Angeles

Anaheim over Vancouver

Anaheim over Boston

(Picking Colorado in the playoffs is part-homerism, part they-sneak-in-ahead-of-Phoenix-because-their-division-SUCKS)

Was just offered this trade in one of my fantasy leagues, anyone got any opinions on it? (Bold is my player)

Anton Babchuk

for

Zach Bogosian

+

Magnus Paajarvi

I'm thinking about it because Babchuk is my 4th D (out of 4), so he's a bit expendable. Also because both Bogosian and Paajarvi could very well have good years.

I'd take the shit out of that, yes.

Anton Babchuk

for

Zach Bogosian

+

Magnus Paajarvi

I'd take the shit out of that, yes.

I agree. Bogo may not be an offensive powerhouse...but Paaharvi will likely improve this year.

And I predict Toronto is 1st in the east :shifty:

Anton Babchuk

for

Zach Bogosian

+

Magnus Paajarvi

You should make that and laugh at him to everybody else.

Speaking of trades, Slogger should accept the one I sent him in the pool we are in.

This my team from the league I've previously mentioned: (In roster order)

Forwards

Pavel Datsyuk

Eric Staal

Patrick Sharp

Alex Ovechkin

Ryane Clowe

Brandon Dubinsky

Dany Heatley

Jaromir Jagr

Martin Havlat

D

Mike Green

Keith Yandle

Brent Burns

Ryan Suter

Matt Carle

John Carlson

Utility

Mikhail Grabovski

Goaltenders

Ryan Miller

Antti Niemi

Bench

James Reimer

Victor Hedman

Ryan Callahan

Andrew Ladd

This just in!

Maple Leafs acquire Steckel from Devils

Tuesday, 10.04.2011 / 6:51 PM / News

NHL.com

Looking to bolster his team up the middle, Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke acquired center David Steckel from the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday night in exchange for a fourth-round pick at the 2012 Entry Draft.

Steckel, 29, led all NHL players in faceoff winning percentage (62.3 percent) last season. Overall, he has placed in the top seven in faceoff winning percentage in each of his first four full NHL seasons. The native of Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 59 points (24 goals, 35 assists) in 309 career NHL games with the Devils and Washington Capitals. A veteran of 24 NHL playoff games with the Caps, Steckel has 4 goals and 3 assists.

Steckel was selected in the first round (No. 30) by the Los Angeles Kings at the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.

Where the fuck did that come from?

Guest mr. potato head

This is my better team from the same league:

Forwards:

Ryan Getzlaf

Claude Giroux

Mike Richards

Bobby Ryan

Johan Franzen

Shane Doan

Marian Hossa

Erik Cole

Danny Cleary

Defence:

Drew Doughty

Shea Weber

Dan Boyle

Christian Ehrhoff

Cam Fowler

Dennis Seidenberg

Util:

Patrice Bergeron

Goalies:

Marc-Andre Fleury

Cam Ward

Bench:

Gabriel Landeskog

Travis Hamonic

Stephen Weiss

Martin Brodeur

This just in!

Maple Leafs acquire Steckel from Devils

Tuesday, 10.04.2011 / 6:51 PM / News

NHL.com

Looking to bolster his team up the middle, Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke acquired center David Steckel from the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday night in exchange for a fourth-round pick at the 2012 Entry Draft.

Steckel, 29, led all NHL players in faceoff winning percentage (62.3 percent) last season. Overall, he has placed in the top seven in faceoff winning percentage in each of his first four full NHL seasons. The native of Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 59 points (24 goals, 35 assists) in 309 career NHL games with the Devils and Washington Capitals. A veteran of 24 NHL playoff games with the Caps, Steckel has 4 goals and 3 assists.

Steckel was selected in the first round (No. 30) by the Los Angeles Kings at the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.

Where the fuck did that come from?

Apparently we got him for the PK and his faceoff abilities. Possibly setting up for a another trade? Centers we have: Connoly, Grabbo, Bozak, Dupuis, Lombardie, and now Steckel.

Connolly is something of a china-doll and Lombardi is still a question mark. Adding Steckel is insurance that the Leafs can still ice a quality lineup down the middle if both of them stay hurt. PK was shit in preseason, why not add someone who can win draws and play responsible shutdown minutes? I like Boyce and Zigomanis both but obviously someone doesn't see them as viable.

Re: MPH's squad vs. Plubby's, offensively I think it's a wash. Tater drafted better defense, but Plubby has stronger goaltending and a slightly better bench. Still, he took Heatley who seems like the most ill-advised choice of all. Hmmmm.

Need a little help from you fantasy players.

First, I just dropped Patrik Berglund for Daniel Alfredsson. Mistake? I know Berglund is coming off a pretty good season and will probably get better, but I think if Alfredsson gets going he can earn some points again. I'm also thinking about Picking Berglund back up now that Crosby is on IR.

Second, I want to drop Wisniewski since he's my 5th D-men, but I'm not sure who i s worth picking up. Available players like Penner (do you think he'll have return with decent points?), Stephen Weiss, Jordan Eberle, Tomas Fleischmann(a little iffy on him),David Booth (how do you think he'll do?), Brad Marchand (think he'll break 50 points?)Jakub Voracek (new team, but don't see him getting more much than 50 points)Steve Downie, Simon Gagne, Teddy Purcell( I think he'll be good, but not sure how good)and T.J. Oshie

Who would you rather take Berglund, Shane Doan or Stephen Weiss?

I'm also trying to snag Jamie Benn. And since you guys drove me to regretting taking loui Eriksson. Do you think that's a fair trade? Am I losing or gaining? And if I can't get Jamie Benn, should I swap Eriksson for any of the guys mentioned above?

Yes, I asked a ton of questions. Sorry, but I've been 50/50 on this pickups/trades

Guest mr. potato head

Alfredsson's probably a good pickup, I think. He's not going to do any worse than he did last year anyhow. I'm also pretty bullish on Weiss, I'd probably take him over anyone else you listed.

Connolly is something of a china-doll and Lombardi is still a question mark. Adding Steckel is insurance that the Leafs can still ice a quality lineup down the middle if both of them stay hurt. PK was shit in preseason, why not add someone who can win draws and play responsible shutdown minutes? I like Boyce and Zigomanis both but obviously someone doesn't see them as viable.

Re: MPH's squad vs. Plubby's, offensively I think it's a wash. Tater drafted better defense, but Plubby has stronger goaltending and a slightly better bench. Still, he took Heatley who seems like the most ill-advised choice of all. Hmmmm.

I got a bit of grief for him in the draft too. I took him round six which is probably early, but as I said at the time: I agree with Puck Daddy in that this season will be strong for Heatley.

I think Alfredsson is probably done as an elite scorer.

My team:

Forwards:

Henrik Sedin

Anze Kopitar

David Krejci

Ville Leino

Zach Parise

Alex Burrows

Michael Grabner

Defense:

Dan Hamhuis

Alex Edler